Monday is back again

seasheleyes
on 2/21/16 10:58 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi to All,

I am missing some of the old group. Come back! I know that sometimes you get used to not posting so it can be harder to start again. But do post every so often so we know you are around. 

I went with m daughter to see "The Witch" today. It was pretty eerie...but I was not ever bored, I'll tell you that. Then we went to eat Salvadoran food. It was ok... Not m favorite so far, but trying new things is good I think.

We have a solar person coming in the afternoon. We live in a good area for solar, and want to explore the idea. We are also exploring it for our daughter's house since her pool adds quite a bit to the energy bill. 

I wanted to let you know Vickie that I breastfed Laura for more than a year and I didn't get my milk for a while. When it came in it was a lot! I had to stop breastfeeding midstream because of a bad infection that required strong meds, but I pumped to keep the milk flowing, and used formula all the way through at times. I loved the flexibility of breastfeeding and formula because I could hand her over to her Dad for some of the feedings. If Carrie really wants to breastfeed she has to just be patient. The milk is coming. 

I have been missing in action lately but I usually find a way to read the posts. Being on the west coast makes me so late on some days that I don't post at all. I know that everyone has gone off already to start their evening process... So tonight I start the post before I go to bed...

My eyes are starting to close now. I hope you all have a terrific Monday!

aJulia

Patricia R.
on 2/22/16 7:59 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Julia and OFF,

I am so glad you started off our thread this morning, Julia.  Please don't think because you are three time zones behind us East Coasters it's too late to post on a thread.  I sometimes don't check in in the mornings myself, and I'm in the Eastern Time Zone.  We need to hear from everybody.

Vickie, if Caralee nurses for an hour, that could mean she is building up the milk supply.  I know it hurts in the beginning.  I found this article to help Carrie.  Hope it helps.    http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/tips-and-solutions/115/ sore-nipple-management

Connie, I'm glad to see you posting more lately.

Judy, Congrats on the win.

I was supposed to go to therapy this morning, but overslept.  I go this afternoon.

I'm worried about Colleen.  She is so codependent, and got upset over the weekend, feeling responsible for me not being happy at the church we both went to, which was Trent's church growing up.  She also thinks I am therapy because I live here.  She was on the phone, crying over the weekend, thinking she caused my problems.  She doesn't like living here, and thinks I'm unhappy here because of why she's unhappy here.  I had to assure her that I'm in therapy because I'm bipolar, and my psychiatrist told me to get into therapy.  It has nothing to do with living here.  

I do need to explore different churches though.  I need a less gossipy, more diverse group of friends than what I've found here.  

I better scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

seasheleyes
on 2/22/16 9:45 am - Manteca, CA

I agree with you about the church Tri**** doesn't sound like you are blending there...I'm sure it has some very nice members, but you need a healthier group. And as far as moving, I think you sound happier since you moved there...too bad your daughter doesn't see your happiness that comes from those grand kids. 

Connie D.
on 2/22/16 2:07 pm

Hello Trish....I  think it is hard to get things through to Colleen. My opinion is that she needs therapy herself. She seems to have issues to deal with. She isn't facing them. Please don't be upset at me for saying this. I can only say this from things you have said about her. She is a wonderful mother and loves her children very much. 

I truly hope you can find a church you will feel more comfortable attending. You are so kind and caring and you need to be around those same kinds of people. You used to love going to church. I am praying for you.

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Patricia R.
on 2/22/16 3:24 pm - Perry, MI

Oh Connie, I am definitely not upset at your suggestion that Colleen needs therapy.  I think she needs therapy, but also know that I am not the one to suggest it to her.  Plus, their health insurance has a horrific deductible, and she hates when the kids get sick, and she has to take the kids to the doctor.  I have to pray that someone else will suggest it to her.  She has unresolved stuff from her childhood, with the way I used to be.  Plus, bipolar disorder has a genetic component to it, though I don't think she knows that.  She doesn't like to talk about mental illness, and it doesn't surprise me.  Her father felt that way as well.  He had so much resentment about mental health, first because his father suffered from depression, and had an unsuccessful suicide attempt when Paul was 16, and then he did complete suicide when we were first married.  Then he was married to me.

Please pray for her.  I hate being unable to help her.  

Love you. 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 2/22/16 3:42 pm

Trish....I always pray for you and all your family. I will be saying special prayers for you and Colleen. I am so sorry you can't suggest this to her. Eventually I think her husband will. I just hope he does. 

Don't blame yourself for all of this. Some was her father. Some is the rigid why she controls her life. It must be so hard to walk around feeling like that all the time. I hope she can find someone at a new church that can maybe help her. She is so good but so afraid to make any kind of mistake. She won't talk about mental illness because she is afraid too that she may have some...at least depression. Keep loving her and asking Jesus for guidance.

More love and hugs and prayers....connie d 

poegirl100
on 2/22/16 3:18 pm - Cibolo, TX

Thank you, Trish!  I will pass the information along to Carrie.

I'm not trying to poke my nose in, but I have to agree with Connie.  I think Colleen would benefit from therapy.  I think she needs a neutral third party to talk things over with.  I think you are doing everything you can to help her--both with the babysitting and just offering your support.  But sometimes you just need a sounding board you can trust to hear you out.

As far as your church, I have to agree again that you used to LOVE talking about going to church, and now you just seem to dread it or avoid it altogether.  That's not good.  I'll pray that the Lord leads you in the right direction for a new church home.

Love you dearly, sweet friend.  Take care of that foot!

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 2/22/16 3:27 pm - Perry, MI

Vickie,

I agree that Colleen needs therapy.  I explained in detail to Connie, about it.  

Love you.

Albert Schweitzer

Judy G.
on 2/22/16 1:52 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon....well I did it!!! I FIRED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went into the apartment when he went home for lunch and hardly anything was touched AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Talked to my boss and she was LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She asked how many hours on his time sheet for two weeks...told her 54. OMG I thought she was gonna stroke out!!! We talked about the guy I interviewed last week and we did a background check...I talked to his last boss and he is a winner!!!!!! He starts tomorrow. When I fired him he asked WHY? I told him because he moves too SLOW. He said one man can only do so much!! Well then why can Rick do 2-3 apartments to your one?????????? I asked for all the keys and tools. He left pissed. Oh well. I went back to march last year and found all the times he was TOLD to hustle. SMH. Not my fault. Be really funny if he applies for the job here that is in the paper...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well nothing else to say today...weather is getting colder...BLAH!!!!!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 2/22/16 3:11 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good for you, Judy!  Past time.  He had plenty of chances to shape up.  Hoping the next one is a real keeper!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views