Sleepy Thursday

poegirl100
on 3/31/16 6:12 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas,

Well, Caralee and I survived our first night alone together, although I think she did better than I did.  It was really hard for me to relax and fall into a deep sleep because I kept listening for her to wake up.  We had a 2 a.m. feeding and a 6 a.m. feeding, which wasn't bad for a 6 week old.  But I just never could really sleep.  

I'm up now, though, because my right shoulder and right hip were aching.  Caralee is still snoozing.  I thought I'd better tap out a note while I have a chance.

I sent Carrie several updates, pics, and even a couple of short little movies last night.  She was really missing her baby!  I hope she was able to sleep.  Lord knows, she needs the rest.  And I'm a bit worried about her breasts.  This will be her first real total break from breastfeeding.  She was down to just comfort suckling the baby once or twice a day, but I'm worried she's going to get rock hard and hurting before she comes back tomorrow.  I told her to express a little milk before that happens and also to bind her breasts as tightly as she can.  I remember when I quit breastfeeding Christie.  I had that horrible milk fever for three days.  It HURT.

No plans for today except to watch the baby and my garden grow.  I did take a walk yesterday evening.  I did a mile.  Mom watched the baby for me.  But it's not supposed to be damp or wet or rainy today, so I'll take Caralee with me for a nice stroll around the neighborhood.

Oh, and I did get back on track with my diet yesterday.  Thank goodness.  Easter knocked me for a bit of a loop with the sugar monster.  But I don't think I've lost seven pounds this week.  Friday is my day of accountability.  I've got a lot of ground to make up for in one day, huh?

Wishing everyone a great and pain-free day!  Love you all!

Vickie 

carlak
on 3/31/16 7:33 am - Bradenton, FL

Ahh my day is coming fast for baby holding!!!

about 12 more weeks and my new one will be here!!

Vinnie will have a big run for her money!!

Im sitting at Panera waiting for my friend so we can have coffee!!!

Carl and I are taking a quick trip to Chicago for ten days April 19. I need a Vinnie fix and he hasn't seen her since September so I told him he had to have time with her before the baby came. So we r off again!

Talk to you all later it's stitching time!!

Carla

image hosting site

Eileen Briesch
on 3/31/16 10:10 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie, Carla and my OFF family:

It's a stormy Thursday here. We started having storms last night; Juliette has a new hiding place; it's between the stove and the counter (there's a little space there and she can squeeze in). As soon as it started to thunder, off she went. 

Gary and I watched a movie last night called "The Judge." It was set in southern Indiana; actually had an 812 (Evansville) area code and showed the Evansville airport (although it couldn't be the Evansville airport because it was two stories and Evansville is one story). But it wasn't filmed in Indiana; it was filmed in Massachusetts. Good movie, though; it starred Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall. Downey is a lawyer who has to defend his judge father of murder. 

Anyway, the rest of yesterday was noneventful. I had my therapist appointment; stopped at Starbucks for a refill on my iced coffee; mailed out a package; went to the bank and came home. Finished making salsa chicken with the corn and black beans and it was excellent. Did three loads of laundry. Pretty average day. 

Got to go in early today because we have training. Already having shooting pains in my right leg. Could be a long night if the rain continues. 

Vickie, I'm happy Caralee settled in for you. Obviously she has bonded with you and recognizes you as someone to trust. Hope Carrie can get through the next couple of days without her baby. Can only imagine what that's like. 

Carla, I know you miss Miss Vinnie, and now you'll have another one to love. 

Well, I need to get in the shower early today so I can get lunch in me and get ready early. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 3/31/16 3:54 pm

Hello Eileen....I had a laugh over Juliette and her new hiding place. She will be fine there unless you turn on the oven!

That movie sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.

You had all kinds of things going on yesterday! How do you get a refill on your iced coffee once you leave the store. They don't do that around here. You have to be inside for them to do that.

I think you adding those items to your salsa chicken was really good!! I need to make it one of these days.

Sorry about the shooting pain in your leg. I hope you can get some relief soon. What is the holdup with that stem getting put back in??

Have a good evening....love and hugs...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 3/31/16 10:35 pm - Evansville, IN

Connie, I got the refill in the store. As for the stim, I go see the doc about that April 7, then we go from there.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 3/31/16 11:06 am - Cibolo, TX

Okay, sistas!  Rant and rave time!  Oh Em Gee!  That damn dog is driving me insane!  Last night I set her up in the living room to sleep, thinking that maybe--just maybe--if she wasn't in my room, she wouldn't go potty on my carpet during the night.  Ha!  Woke up to poop on my new living room rug, pee on my hardwood floor in the dining room, and she managed somehow to ransack the kitchen trash can (which is UP and out of reach--I thought!).

But THEN, after Caralee and I got back from our walk, I opened my bedroom door to change the baby's diaper and I don't know how, but it got left open.  Maybe Mom went in there for something or maybe I forgot.  I walked in a little while ago to find that she had opened a closed storage tub and drug out an afghan I was working on and tore it to pieces!!!  

That's it.  I've had it.  She is now on a tie out in the back yard and she is NOT coming back in this house again.  I don't care.  She is tearing my house apart.  She is destroying my floors.  It's warm enough for her to sleep outside now.  I moved her pallet out there and she can reach the water bowl and lie in the shade on the back porch.  That will have to do until I can return her to Karen.

Oh!  And Karen texted me this morning and said could we wait until next TUESDAY now to bring Maybelle to her.  Damn it all.  What happened to SATURDAY?  I just really cannot take one more minute of this dog.  She's the most destructive animal I've ever had.  

So there.  That's my rant for the day.  I have never abused an animal, and I won't abuse Maybelle either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let her destroy my house.

Sorry.  I just had to blow some of that steam out of my ears!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 3/31/16 2:34 pm

Hello again Vickie...I agree 100% about Maybelle. It is not going to hurt her to be outside at night. It is plenty warm enough there. I would have done the same thing!! She is destroying your home. Not only that but all those little potty issues is not good for Caralee or anyone. It won't be long before Tuesday!! 

More love and hugs.....connie d

yvonnef1964
on 3/31/16 1:10 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I got a walk outside today before the rain came. It's 64 out today, we're supposed to get a cold front tonight. Also visited my friend in rehab. She still not doing good. Now she has pneumonia.  Hopefully she can recover.

At least the craving for sweets has dissappear  today.

Vickie  sorry you are having a hard time with  Maybelle  . Have fun with Caralee 

Carla you are so busy all the time. Sometimes you make me tired in what you do.

Eileen praying that your pain doesn't get worse while you are at work.

Everyone have a good evening. Thoughts and prayers  for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Connie D.
on 3/31/16 3:47 pm

Hi Yvonne....I am sorry your friend is still not doing well. I am still praying for her. I hope tomorrow is a better day for her.

We ha a cold front come it.....not good for achy bodies!!!

I wish my craving for sweets would GO AWAY!!! Good for you!!

Love and hugs.....connie d

Connie D.
on 3/31/16 2:16 pm

Good afternoon Vickie and everyone....

Vickie...I can remember from years back when I couldn't nurse and how painful that was. I did bind up as tight as I could to keep them from moving. It was awful!!! I hope Carrie does better.

I am gad you got your walk in and also some garden time. You need that for your sanity! Caralee is doing really well with her sleeping for as young as she is. That helps a lot!!

Nice that you could get back on your diet...good for you. You are way stronger then I am!! 

As for me.... I had a doctor appointment with my Internist today. She is so sweet. So is her staff. I have been trying to take my Vicodin during the day. That makes it hard for me to get a good nights sleep. She is now having me take 3 a day instead of 2. That should help me a lot. She is trying so hard to get me what I need so I can have somewhat less pain every day and night. 

She and I discussed my eating again. I have been so mad at myself!! Candy and cookies...anything sweet...I cave in!! That is only in the evenings!! I am great until about 7:30 or 8:00. Then I could eat anything an everything.  She is making a referral that I see a new bariatric surgeon, mine moved away. She wants an endoscopy done to check the size of my pouch. She thinks it is not small enough. She will then discuss the possibility of a revision. Whatever, time will tell!!

I am going to lay down I am exhausted. I had a Fibro Flare Up yesterday afternoon and it carried over to today. I need sun and warmer weather!! No sun again today!!! 

Nic and Jamie are now in Montana at the "family get together" for Cancer kids. They have one every year at this time. They have so much fun!! There are a lot of the same people there every year. That alone is worth the trip.  NIC is the oldest and always helps with the younger kids. He has counseled many different kids from all over. H loves seeing them again. Sad to say there are more then a few that don't make it. I keep them all in my prayers. They are amazing, strong minded, loving and caring!! What a wonderful group of people!!

Still no word from Nic's doctors. It has been 4 weeks now. We are praying for the best news after he gets home. Please pray, swing chickens, send good thoughts or whatever to Nic. I love you all!!!

I am worried about Eileen. I continue to pray for her as well. The stress of not knowing can cause more pain and headaches and such. I want her job to continue to work out well for her. 

Jeannie...you and your hubby remain in my thoughts. I want all to go well for Kenny too! I hope your trip goes well and Kenny does okay when you are gone. 

Carla....I can't wait to see that new grandchild. It won't be long now!!

Judy....how are you feeling now...any better?

I want to message a few others but my brain blank!! Sorry!!! You know how much I care!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone. YOU are all just the BEST!!!!!

Prayers for our loving OFF Family and their families as well. Special prayers for those in need. Mary, you are continually in my prayers.

Loads of love and bushels of hugs to you all....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views