Monday Again

seasheleyes
on 5/2/16 1:58 am - Manteca, CA

I'm getting ready for bed but wanted to get this thread started first. When most of you are drinking your morning coffee I will be sawing logs...

I loved the snack food post. I have some new ideas now. 

As I sit here and type my dogs are snoring... I don't have a thing planned for Monday. Retirement is pretty great I have to say. I got all of my Sunday tasks done. 

So tell me, how are you doing? 

Julia

lightswitch
on 5/2/16 4:26 am

Girl, enjoy your log sawing...

I have a ton of crap to do. We are getting ready for the last minute rush in the center and I have the final paper to grade in my writing class so for the next few days, I will be rushing like a mad woman. 

Today is donut day at work. The tutors take turns bringing in donuts on Mondays. I have to say that I love the smell of the things and from time to time I do try to take a bite but after the other day, I won't be tempting fate again.  One of the tutors always grabs me non-sweet biscuit thing.  I manage to eat on it all day long.  My least favorite thing about only teaching one class a semester and running the center full-time is the culture of the office...there is always food. I swear; just when I think it's safe to come out of my office, there will be something on the round table....the round table is really rectangle but it is in the center of our center and it's where we meet for staff development or groups of students meet....it's also where people drop off food. Most know I cannot do the sweet stuff so sometimes it will be vegetable or fruit trays.  I'm taking homemade refried bean dip and homemade humus...I use celery and cucumber spears for the dipping. 

Well, ladies, I hope you all have a fantastic Monday and I am looking so forward to reading all the great things that are happening. Hey Carla, I think I am going to get my needle point out and work on my dragon....I started it when my 11 year old grandson was a baby and I hope it is finished before he graduates. LOL...it was for him.  That's what I love about needle point is you can stop and start so easily.

Ladies, peace....talk to you later today. 

Patricia R.
on 5/2/16 6:06 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Julia and OFF,

Tomorrow is my Franklin's 4th birthday, and today, I take him on our date.  We shop for his present, and then go to lunch.  I plan to make it a real restaurant, coz I am sick of fast food.  

Colleen has a ton of stuff to do, so I'll keep him for the day.

Not much else going on.  I'm going to try to get to an AA meeting tonight.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lightswitch
on 5/2/16 3:30 pm

Trish,

I'm like you with the fast food....I just want to go in and order food and have it brought to me on a plate with some kind of flatware that isn't plastic. 

Have a good day with Franklin...you are making some mighty strong memories for the little fellow. 

Eileen Briesch
on 5/2/16 9:41 am - Evansville, IN

Hello my OFF family:

Sorry I have been absent. Don't know if you know what has happened to me since last week. On Tuesday, I went to the office on my day off to get the schedule  because I got a call about the neuro stim implant. I wanted to see what it was going to look like if I took this Monday and Tuesday off. On the way back, I took a different way home to stop off at a CVS and then the post office to get some boxes for the stuff I was selling (and now have sold) on eBay. I got out of the car, took a few steps and felt  my heart race. So I stopped, took some deep breaths before I moved again. 

The next thing I knew, I was on the ground and people were rushing toward me. I felt my head was wet. And my head hurt a lot. A couple people helped me off the ground and back over to my car. I was bleeding from the back of my head. One of the people called 911. I called my brother to tell him what happened. The ambulance came. We went to the hospital. My doctor showed up and after the cat scan and everything was cleared, he said I was dehydrated ... well, I carry a water bottle all the time. Don't know how I get dehydrated. So he wanted me to stay overnight and get a stress test and have the cardiologist clear me.

OK, so I had a stress test on Wednesday, by drugs instead of the treadmill. I've had this before, but this one I couldn't even feel the drugs take effect. So I figured I'd see the cardiologist later that day. Nothing. My doc came to see me Thursday morning, asked if cardio guy came to see me; I said no. Later, cardio guy's nurse came to see me, told me what they saw on the stress test and said he'd be in to see me "shortly." (I had a minor blockage but "superb" pumping capacity.) Well, the day went on and no cardiologist showed up. I was getting really pissed.

Friday rolled along. I felt fine. I had a heart monitor on, and except for one incident that had the tech and nurse running in when I was just sitting there doing nothing, everything was fine. So my doc visits me at 6:30 a.m. Friday and I told him cardio guy never saw me Thursday. He's really ticked off now and says he'll discharge me and refer me to a cardiologist outpatient. Great. I've already sat around long enough and we're shorthanded at work. 

So I have an appointment with a Dr. Starrett (our sports editor has gone to him for his heart surgery and says he's excellent ... this guy is not the guy who was supposed to see me in the hospital) on Friday. I think I probably suffered a concussion when I blacked out because I had a really bad headache in the hospital where I thought I was going to vomit. 

I know there's been some turmoil on the board. I wanted to visit with everyone but only had my phone and my tablet in the hospital, and it's difficult to post on the board with them. I don't want to take sides here. I want to be friends with everyone. You are all so important to me. 

Anyway, that's what has happened to me, just in case you haven't seen me on Facebook. Somehow I have survived this. The interesting thing is my mom said her father died at 61 of a heart attack in the confessional. I just turned 61 (she was 14 at the time and was in the church when he died). 

I don't need stress but my one coworker insists on trying to stress me out. I need to talk with my boss about this. Doing sports gives me less stress. 

Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

seasheleyes
on 5/2/16 11:35 am - Manteca, CA

Thank you Eileen for not taking sides. I'm sorry for your crappy hospital experience. The new cardiologist will set you on the best path for continued health. My Dad died when he was 51 of a heart attack and so when I hit 51 I was freaked out. I had all of the tests and I was ok. So knowing is always better than not knowing. 

Patricia R.
on 5/2/16 12:14 pm - Perry, MI

Eileen,

I am so sorry for what you experienced in the hospital.  I understand waiting for a doctor, who doesn't show up.  

Thanks for not taking sides.  I certainly am passed what happened last week, just sorry it spilled onto our board here.

I hope the cardiologist gives you a clean bill of health.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mermaidoz
on 5/2/16 3:12 pm, edited 5/2/16 8:12 am - Canada

Lost my previous post.

Dear Eileen:  Am here to express my concern for you! You have so much stress going on in your life, you don't need heart problem to add to your worries at work, and your chronic pain needing neurostim implant. Good Luck! 

Jen

PS Just to say am not  on Facebook, so did not follow you posting there.

lightswitch
on 5/2/16 3:27 pm

Eileen,

Girl...you need to take it easy until the cardiologists clears you. Thank goodness there were good Samaritans there to see after you. I totally understand the not taking sides and you have always been very fair minded. When you didn't post on the board, I assumed you were just staying out of it till the dust cleared; I never thought you would leave us...we've been together since way back when. I think there are only a few of us from back in 2005 or 6 when I came on board. I'd sure hate for anymore to leave, for sure.  I know I value your input and experience and am glad you are here and  you are fine.  

Do take care of yourself and don't let your coworkers upset you. Keep your feet up and stay relaxed...And, drink water.   Glad you are okay....

yvonnef1964
on 5/2/16 3:38 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I've had a busy day. Came home this morning from my brothers. Stopped and got coffee at McDonald's for the drive home. Stopped at Walmart to get milk, got home. Had breakfast and showered. In the afternoon I promised two friends that I take them to Dr's appt so I had to drop one off and go get the other one go pick up the first one and take her home then returned for the other one.

Hopefully tomorrow will be less stressed. I can get my exercise in.

Everyone have a good evening. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!