Wednesday Already!?

Nancy B
on 5/18/16 12:13 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

My plan for Wednesday:

1.  be grateful to be alive (stretch and feel all of my loose skin, grateful that it is getting EMPTY and                not  FILLED with fat anymore).

2. get up and dressed with (great?) enthusiasm...okay. BE AWESOME!

3. Hot chocolate protein drink and meds (getting that metabolism working)

4. Business lunch meeting - lunch order already planned (taking my baggie of seeds

to garnish salad)

5. Return back home and drink lots of tea and water - peeing profusely as the fat is

washed away! (positive thinking & visualization)

6. artwork to be completed for client (another custom order, yay!)

7. snack: yogurt with seeds and nuts (share yogurt with LilyRose or be shamed

by her steadfast glare of disapproval)

8. dinner: salad with turkey, seeds and nuts (I might feed hubby)

9. snack: orange (vitamin C, fibre - orange you glad I told you?)

10. bedtime: hot chocolate protein drink & meds (after giving "THE BOO" the

appropriate amount of attention including "spin-a-roonies" and copious cuddles,

then gently urging LilyRose OFF my pillow and move her to a more

ergonomic location on the bed).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 5/18/16 4:59 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Nancy and OFF,

Sorry I've been AWOL past few days.  Monday morning, Colleen called me to let me know I need to get the house in order, so a realtor can do a walk through, to let them know what changes, if any, need to be made if they need to put the house on the market.  I rent from them.  That all depends on if she gets the job in PA.  So, I've been sorting, and putting together boxes to give away, bags of clothes I don't fit in, or want anymore, and garbage.  

I took a huge walk on Sunday, getting in my 6,000 steps by 12:30.  Monday, I didn't do as well, but yesterday, I was just under 6,000 steps.  The days I take my walks, my sugar cravings stay in check.  I tend to snack on healthy foods.  My food on the days I don't walk stinks.

Nancy, I love your plan for today.  

Today, I plan to make some phone calls to doctors' offices, to schedule appointments.  

Then, I will continue purging the mess I have, sorting and organizing.  Right now, it looks overwhelming, but it's not really.  Looks are deceiving.  

Then, I will walk and try to get to 7,000 steps.  Sunday, my total steps were 7,246.  That's a total of 3.2 miles.  Yesterday, my mileage was 2.24.  

I already had my Chobani Greek Yogurt, with granola and hemp seeds.  I found some organic seeds on Amazon.  I'm impressed with the health benefits of them.

My lunch will be tuna salad with celery, scallions, sweet peppers, and tomato in it.

My snacks will be celery and peanut butter, and cheese and canned peaches.

Dinner will be stuffed peppers.

Snack will be a protein shake made with yogurt, milk, berries, and AnyWhey protein powder.  I love that powder, coz it's flavorless, and smells like candy corn,  It doesn't change the flavor of a protein smoothie.  

Gotta go.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lightswitch
on 5/18/16 5:55 am

Ladies, Happy Hump Day.

Today I am going to up my yoga game. When my yoga folks do complicated things, I do the things I can do. I do have my own private yoga person and she is wonderful and has pushed me to try more complicated stands and I have but I don't do them in class because you know what if I get on the floor and cannot get up? Or, if I am not doing it as perfect as these young'uns do it....but today, I am going to show off my crazy floor moves.... We'll see how it goes and when I get really good at it, I'll post a picture. 

Today's breakfast was loaded oatmeal (yeast, walnuts, blackberries, and a little cream) I left my snack package at home but I do have some granola that I can eat for a snack if I get hungry. Lunch is an avocado sandwich on rye. Dinner tonight will be shrimp, zucchini, peppers, and black beans.  We'll ea****ermelon for a snack this evening.

I am really working on meditation. We have a few days before the students are back on campus for the intercession and then summer begins three weeks from now...so it is quiet and I can really work on meditating.  And, I am working with my hippie tutor who is all about meditation and she and I are developing a program for all my graduate student workers....there are 12 of them and only three of the 11 are men and the 8 females all have PMS at the same time so it can be very stressful when one or more are *****y....so we must work on the calming the mind. LOL.

Ladies, rock it today and remember, we have the power and we have the tool so all we have to do is introduce the power to the tool and we have a power tool that will help us peel this weight off.    Go Ladies...eat drink move.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/16 9:02 am

Good Morning ladies

Got up on time this morning but was moving slower than I realized.  Guess I spent more time in the bath than I realized.  Any who as a result I had to eat breakfast on the fly.

Breakfast....Beef jerky, water, and meds.

YMCA.......10 minute warm up on bike.  Again because I was running late.  Usually do 20-30 min warmup.  1 hour weight training.  Worked legs today.

Food plan for the rest of the day

Snack.  more jerky and water

Lunch.....Tuna salad with small amount of mayo, dill relish, and boiled egg with a few crackers. Water

Snack....blueberries maybe a little cheese

Dinner.... don't know but it will be a lean protein and veggies.

So far today I have walked 2,413 steps.  Yesterday I got over 10,000 but I don't know the exact number.  When  I thought to take my last look it was 12:15am.  The fit bit rolls over at midnight.

That is my plan for today.

I found a yoga class at the Y for us oldies and when I get back from Arkansas ( I leave Monday and return the 31st) I am going to try it.

Wishing each and every one of you a successful day

Ready2goNOW
on 5/18/16 10:04 am

Good morning everyone!

I have also been AWOL the past few days. Yesterday being legitimate as I did alot of housecleaning due to my 3 daughters coming to make me a homemade Mothers Day dinner. My middle daughter is a chef & the other 2 aren't too shabby so I enjoyed the meal & company.

This rain is getting the better of me & I am really having to make an effort to meet my daily goals. Monday I was successful with my meal plan and exercise, but yesterday I had to push myself to get things done. I went off my meal plan due to a cheesecake Jim made & grazing as I housecleaned. I could not do my 40 minute walk bc of the rain...

This morning I am back on plan & did my 40 min walk this morning to make up for yesterday. I plan to do my 2nd 40 tonite for today so I can do my 200 minutes of walking Monday thru Friday for this week.

I have planned my meals, but one of the things I have noticed is I still obsess about food. When I plan my snacks...grapes are my current favorite....I can't wait until the designated time to eat them!/o try to keep busy, but the thought of them is lurking!

I am glad to be focusing on short term goals as it holds me accountable...even if I am not successful!

Nancy love ur sense of humor, Linda ur commitment to a variety of exercises & Jeannie..to ur extensive knowledge on so many subjects. 

Trish, I always HATED selling a house which is why I tend to stay put. Good luck with all that sifting & sorting.

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/16 8:09 pm

I have the same issue with the rain.  It has been awful this spring with flooding over and over again.  I always want to do my walking outside but my husband will walk at the mall when the weather is bad.  Other friends walk in the hospital.  If you can tolerate walking inside you might give it a try.

You can do this one baby step at a time.

Laureen S.
on 5/18/16 1:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Nancy, Ladies!

I'm late to the party, but that is because my company, which does a lot of community and other giving, does this Global Giving week, where you choose to participate in an event that is within the community and you volunteer in some fashion to give back to the community at large, this year I choose the "Dressed For Success" one, as I remember when it began thinking that when I began my journey into the work force, it would have been something very welcome by me, so I relate to the women who seek such help.  I learned so much in the process of volunteering today, I learned how it all began with a $5,000 inheritance from a young lady and she was very young when she began, that it now is in over 20 countries and 140 places here in the states, that it has helped over 600,000 women since it's inception in 1996.  They are expanding the program to include bringing it to the people, as some cannot get to where they are located, they do onsite training and help women write resumes and do mock interviews, they give them an outfit for the interview and upon being hired are then given a weeks worth of work clothing, including undergarments, shoes, bags, accessories. . . it felt really good to be involved and I am offering them any assistance I can, including sharing my own experience seeing as it might help some other woman realize her potential and the possibilities that lie just around the corner.

So I am already feeling better by being connected to you all once more. . . it is encouraging to know that I am not alone on this journey of ours and your posts encourage me, as I know many of you have been down and up and continue to pursue the goal of health and well being and in truth isn't that what this was about, I got lost for a very long time in the numbers, which is funny because if you read my signature mantra, I have not exactly been living the mantra and instead once more focused on the wrong things. . .  I am not perfect, never will be, but I can wake up each day and start fresh and if I choose wrongly instead of beating myself up, I need to incorporate a way around what I know is not in my best interest. . .

Yesterday I had a breakfast of half a bagel with egg white, turkey sausage and cheese, for lunch I ate a salad that was more veggie and grain protein, with a little mozzarella added to boost protein, snacks were a small amount of cashews, dinner was at a coworkers house and it was pizza, but I had 1 slice, with the cheese of a 2nd slice, not the bread part, it was truly a fun night, as my coworker lives with her husband on a 114 acre farm where they raise sheep, she also writes children stories, in addition to being an executive assistant, her husband has owned the farm for more than 2 generations, original part of the house was built in 1700s, they have a 9 day old lamb in the house, they put diapers on it and bottle feed it because the mother had mastitis and could not feed the baby, they will reintegrate it into the herd in about 4 to 6 weeks, interesting. . . I must admit to having some butter cookies in the evening when I got home.  I also put over 8800 steps on my fitbit, so progress, not perfection, I have to lose the sweets thing I like to do most evenings. . . soon will be summer fruits and that will help me. . . water water water

I had Special K with 1/4 milk for breakfast, lunch was box lunch given by employer, which I choose, Mozzarella, lettuce and roasted red pepper, shared my sandwich with another and had two snackwell chocolate cookies, water, water water and some cashews, dinner will be something with the fresh aspargus my roommate (adopted brother) gets from a mutual friend of ours who works on a local farm near us. . .I will try to have a healthy snack, maybe strawberries. . .  already have over 6200 steps, so hoping to make it to at least 8000 before bedtime. . .

Have a great rest of this day and thanks for helping and making me feel like I am not alone in this sometimes battle, but mostly journey of ours. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

yvonnef1964
on 5/18/16 1:57 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I had my job interview yesterday and I have the job if my background check comes back good.

I eat basically the same thing everyday except supper. 

Breakfast egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese.

Lunch cottage cheese, baby carrots and red pepper.

Supper pulled pork, carrots and half of potato

Snack Greek yogurt with chia seeds, no added sugar fudgesicle,  and watermelon.

I did my walk already and some housework.

Everyone have good evening.

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 396 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1198 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!