THURSDAY

seasheleyes
on 6/2/16 9:34 am - Manteca, CA

I wanted to start a thread for today. The reunion seems to be over. I really was pleased with it...most of the oldies that were invited did show...I could only invite the people on my FaceBook list so most that said they would come did. A couple didn't show, but we knew that the angry group probably wouldn't...they were invited though, if they were still on my list. It was a great success...it was so good to talk with many that haven't been on in years. I hope they come back once in a while if not for good. If not it was still great to see them.

This thread process is really helping me right now. I am still having lapses of judgement of course, but the accountability of telling you what I am trying is truly making a difference in my success. I was down another pound this week at my weigh in and that makes my weight loss this month almost six pounds. I am not dieting. I have just started drinking a protein shake for breakfast, kept healthy snacks available, and limited the kinds of things that I might have bought before that are sliders or have sugar. I am also still doing the self care by meditating, coloring, and adding art classes to my days. 

I got through my birthday alright. I got lots of messages of love...wished my husband was better about getting me a gift....you know, the usual, at least for me. 

How are all of you?

Julia

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/16 10:03 am

Good morning Julia and those to come

I enjoyed catching up with everyone also. 

I am doing what you are doing as well.  I drink a protein shake for breakfast most days.  Sometimes I'll eat oatmeal with blueberries, bananas, and walnuts.  I make mindful choices the rest of the day.  I eat fruit, cheese, nuts, etc for snacks.  I move.  That's relatively new for me but I am doing it.  I eat bread more than I should but it has always been my downfall.  Its healthy bread with oats and seeds and such but bread all the same.  Since my back surgery in September I have lost 20 pounds.  Prior to surgery I was unable to move without pain and my weight climbed.  my goal is to lose another 10 by the end of the year.  That doesn't sound like much but if I do that and then loose another 30 next year I'll be well out of the 200's.  That pace is ok with me.  I travel so much and eat out a lot as the result and the hidden calories are there even when you make good choices.  I don't know what they marinade their chicken in, how much fat and salt they use, so it is hard to estimate calories.  I am not 20 anymore and could care less about trying to impress or win approval from others.  I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin however loose it gets.

have a good day everyone

lightswitch
on 6/2/16 11:23 am

Julia and Ladies,

I will post more later but wanted to drop by and say, yes, it was a great success and hopefully many will hang around for a while. 

I am setting up my next iron infusion and hope that it happens before I take off for KC for the AP scoring. LOL....I need the extra energy.

Catch you guys later this evening.

j

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/16 1:35 pm

Jeannie

I have an excellent hematologist.  She gave me a series of infusions.  A total of 8 MWFMWFMW.  That was 5 or more years ago.  I lose track of time.  Since then I have only needed one more (last year).  So much easier on the system than massive doses of iron that I don't absorb anyway.

Good luck 

lightswitch
on 6/2/16 2:23 pm

Linda,

That's what we are doing.  I will be getting enough over a specific time period to keep me good for two years or more. I cannot take the iron because there is an added compound that I am allergic to...it's totally crazy. Plus, the doctor said that he doubts I would absorb the oral pills....my diet is rich in iron so he says, it's your wls....

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/2/16 6:00 pm

I can't take oral iron.  I get really bad reaction to it.

But - there are vitamin patches - and they just introduced iron patch.   The multi vitamin patch has iron and I had been using it.  And since I started using it - my iron has been stable.  And ferritin.  First time in 8 years it did not drop in one year.  

http://www.patchmd.com/

they are not cheap but not that expensive... there is always discount codes - any from 20 - to 40 %..  If you need I can ask if someone has current one...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/2/16 2:45 pm

Julia- how about next time on your birthday - you ask him for your CC and buy what yuo want - then one it is delivered - show it to him and say "o honey,thank you.. I really wanted that"  

My BFad and I are together for the last 5 years. I now give him a list... very specific list- he can pick from it what he wants.. i get what I want... and lilies.. I LOVE Tiger lilies  ..  I got the lilies  last 3 years.. "the guy" really listen,

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laureen S.
on 6/2/16 5:33 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Julia, Everyone,

Been a very busy week, packing up years of a legal department, so 20 drawers later, plus tops of all the filing cabinets, which had to be gone through, determining what needs keeping, what needs to be sent to offsite filing, and filling up 6 large shredding bins with all the stuff that was determined to be beyond the need to keep, my back by 4:30 was in spasms and I was in pain, so I took a pain pill, along with the gabapeten, hung around a little bit until the wooziness wore off, packed up all the supplies and then headed home at 6:15, which was an hour earlier than last night.  One of the benefits of this week is I've hardly been in a chair and today I logged almost 12,000 steps.  Tomorrow I expect to be done by lunchtime, we can leave when we are done tomorrow and on Monday I will report to my new desk, where I will being the process of putting things in an orderly fashion.  Lawyers are a funny breed, they just have such a hard time giving up paper and the new building we are moving into is all about "being green".  It was designed to be able to use solar, wind and gas power options, however, there is also very little storage space, as they are discouraging usage of paper, so we shall see, because I've been pushing my people into the age of scanning and storing and I think after what we just went through, I might have sold them on the idea.  It is exciting to be moving into a brand new headquarters.

Anyway, for breakfast I had a homemade breakfast sandwich, made with a 100 calorie Thomas' muffin, egg and piece of alpine lace, that was breakfast and snack, lunch we went out to celebrate one of my bosses birthday, which was last week, I had half a vegetable spring roll, half a sushi roll and a dumpling, I had some dried mango for snack.  Dinner was some white bean turkey chili over jasmine rice (1 tbs) and I am done for the day.  I need to start keeping a log of my food, because I still eat too much.  But at least I am moving again, so that helps some.

Julia, Happy Birthday, hope you enjoyed it!

Regards, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 6/2/16 8:06 pm

Laureen,

Your eating is so good. I use my fitness pal ap on my phone and it keeps up with the calories that eat in a day and can even tell me how much exercise I need to burn them if I go over.  It calculates your BMI and gives your caloric count for maintaining weight and then losing a pound a week, ect.   

Ready2goNOW
on 6/3/16 5:28 am

I live by myfitnesspal! It is so easy & quick to use. I have not missed a day since February 2015.

Holds me accountable which I need plus tracks nutrients so I can be sure I am getting my protein & water in & if I am over on carbs!

Just a great tool!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views