FRIDAY- at last!

Nancy B
on 6/17/16 1:07 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Good morning, everyone!

It is after 4 am and I cannot sleep. I had a duralane shot in my right knee today and I am waiting to see if it really works. I am very tired but cannot sleep so I have come down and had a hot cup of soup...soon I should be ready to finally fall asleep.

Today  (Friday), I a to "take it easy"...hahaha...but i will stay home and get some small chores done. I have to bake a cake but once again, hubby hard cooked ALL of the eggs.... *rolling of eyes*...the cake is to take to my Saturday Artists' PlayDate ...once a month for six months.

In the meantime, I am meeting with a client, a Dr of Hypnotherapy who wants drawings for children's books and CD covers. I can get that done before we leave to visit family at a huge family reunion in Quebec. I am also waiting for the Dr of Psychology to get HER work done so that I can create the artwork for the book that we are partners on- anger management. Two more books are ready but I cannot afford the printing yet Emotional Healing  and FORGIVENESS*. I also have a book ready for Seniors with Mild Dementia and need to market that to the senior care industry.

My plans to eat for Friday:

protein drink

yogurt

hard cheddar cheese and crackers

S orange

D chicken fingers and string beans

Hoping that my right knee improves from the injection. I see the surgeon again in six more weeks. BTW, the injection did NOT hurt nearly as bad as I had expected it to hurt.

Wishing everyone a spectacular and SAFE day!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 6/17/16 8:06 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Nancy and OFF,

I have been AWOL for good reason.  Last week, I was so busy, I barely could think.  This week, I've been in Pennsylvania.  Chris received his Executive MBA on Saturday at Penn State.  Then, Sunday, everybody in my family gathered at a huge, gorgeous house in the Poconos for a family reunion.  Tuesday, we all went to Kalahari Water Resort, and had a blast.  It was such fun watching Frankie overcome his fears, with me going down a little slide with him.  Izzy and Lincoln had a blast hanging out with Chris and Casey.  Then, Tuesday night we celebrated Izzy's 9th birthday and Mom's 90th.  Casey's parents joined us.  Now, I'm at Kathy's for a few days.

Needless to say, my food has been off the hook.  We ate at restaurants at Penn State.  At the house, we had a variety of foods.  Here in the Philly area, I'm catching up on my Philly foods.  

I want to share two pictures from my trip.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mary Gee
on 6/17/16 8:47 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Nancy, I'm interested in how your knee feels in a few days.  My knees kill me and I've been thinking of looking into replacements.  The procedure you underwent sounds a lot better.

Patricia, you've been very busy.  Great pictures... you look great... happy times.

Lots of family reunions going on.  My brother is selling the "family home" and once they have a buyer, he and his wife will have a big family get together, so I'm hoping he finds a buyer soon.

This is going to be a quiet weekend for me.  I've been spending weekends with Steve, but he's going to be busy this weekend.  I have someone coming to get my backyard in shape.  He's going to get rid of the big pile of tree limbs and branches, rake the yard to be sure there's no debris from the fire, and mow the lawn.  I'm also going to call some old friends I haven't spoken to in years.

Hope everyone is doing well!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

seasheleyes
on 6/17/16 1:17 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi All, 

I'm here. It's been a busy week for me too. We have a week in Lake Tahoe once a year with my husband's three brothers and their wives. It's been fun but I am ready to go home and see our dogs and daughter. I have no idea what this will do weight wise. Hopefully no damage...I have tried to be careful. Yesterday we did lots of walking at a mansion on the lake...I could sure get used to living in such a beautiful spot with a yacht and servants...lol. 

It's great to have you back Mary! You truly have come out of a potentially horrible situation with a whole new life! Nice to see you too, Trish. Sounds like your vacation has been wonderful too! And Nancy, you continue to push right through pain and lead a very busy life! The knee intervention sounds great...

I have company coming for dinner...all eight will be here at three. Tomorrow we take our hosts for a fancy Italian dinner, and Sunday morning we all head in different directions. I'm attaching a picture of the view outside my timeshare balcony....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views