Sunday Thread...Happy Father's Day

seasheleyes
on 6/18/16 9:33 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting the thread early because tomorrow I won't be able to do it. I have been in Lake Tahoe for a week and tomorrow is our travel day. It's been a nice week but I'm ready to go home. My dogs are waiting. Even though they don't know why I am sure life is tougher on them when we are gone. They rely on our attention. 

I had a crazy good dinner tonight....filet of sole with a sauce and capers, asparagus, and angel hair pasta. I get it every year at this Italian restaurant when we are here. I could only eat half, maybe less. It is still a splurge though. I am hoping that I have maintained this week. I am not looking for a miracle...lol. 

Tomorrow night we will have overnight guests...I invited them when I had a couple of glasses of wine...damn. Now I wish I hadn't, but the damage was done. 

I am not sure of my food plan tomorrow. I'm thinking we will have breakfast on the way out of town, so I'll stick with eggs and a piece of sausage. There will be no food in the house until I get to the grocery store ....not sure what the rest of the day will involve foodwise. 

One of my first tasks is to hit the scale. I need to see what I'm dealing with up close and personal. 

Happy Father's Day to everyone that is lucky enough to have a Dad that is still living. My Dad died young so I haven't had him in my life for forty years. We will celebrate a bit because my husband is a Dad. 

Missed you this week Jeannie...I'm sure you are thrilled to be home!

Julia

lightswitch
on 6/19/16 7:46 am

Julia and Ladies to Follow,

Julia, you are like me; you get a little happy and then you commit...and then regret it. LOL....I love Tahoe but haven't been in decades. 

Well, yesterday, I spent the entire day trying to clean up the apartment. The kids will be here for two weeks and so I had to try and figure out how to keep their things put up so we are not stepping over their bags of clothes and technology and books...well, you know. Both kids are going to be taking some courses at the University with the girl taking photography classes and geology and the boy taking a robotics camp.  We are also giving them some intense language studies. In our state, our children are not given foreign language until they are in high school, so through the years, my husband has been teaching the kids German and I have been teaching them Spanish.  This week, I have a colleague of mine who is going to give them two weeks of intense tutoring in Spanish and we have another friend who will provide a little conversational German. We are very excited that we can provide the kids with this and that they were invited to these summer camps but we will be taking the kids all over town for two weeks: mornings at the university, afternoons at the Jones center, and then late afternoons for language studies. I am pretty sure by the end of the two weeks, I will be exhausted. 

I dropped five pounds doing the reading, which I knew I would because I walked a lot.  Our hotels are several blocks from the convention center so they bussed us to the center but we walked all over the convention center and back at the hotel, I walked around the mall that is attached to the hotel and around the park that was in front of our hotel...Plus, the living on salads helped.  

Yesterday, I cooked a pot of beans and was going to make some potatoes and okra but the kids talked Granddad into ordering cheese pizza so they ate the pizza and I ate a bowl of pinto beans. I really needed some good protein...I also cooked a few shrimp so I was set. 

Since we are in for a busy week, I am going to get our evening meals prepared today for next week.  We did buy the kids some meat products because they are not vegetarian...When DH went down to pick the kids up on Thursday, my older grandson met him and gave him a cooler filled with trout, bass, and catfish (all frozen that he had caught and filleted for us except the trout, they are just gutted), so we will have plenty of fish for the next two weeks too.  

Today's eating for me:  Loaded oatmeal for breakfast....Lunch will be bean soup....dinner...trout, beans, okra, corn on the cob, and squash...(the daughter's garden is going crazy). 

Ladies, make good food choices today and remember, we all mess up but once we mess up, we have to pick up where we left off....so if you eat a little dessert today, don't wait until tomorrow to fix it....today, eat healthy the rest of the day.  And, of course, move....do some yoga or walk....stretch that back....right now...walk over to the kitchen table or sink and spread your feet apart enough to give you a good base support and move an arms length back from the table and put your hands on the table and bend over and stretch that back and neck.....it will feel good but don't over do it because those muscles are like your leg muscles and you don't want them to get too sore.....if you do this a couple of times a day,  you will work out all that sludge that has accumulated in your upper and even lower back....I promise you will...

Happy Father's day to all the men who swing by...and to those who still have their fathers around, I hope you get a chance to spend a minute or two with them.   

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/16 4:11 pm

Hello folks

Well I have been MIA for awhile.  I was in Atlanta visiting my son, DIL, and grand daughter. It was her 5th birthday and she has grown so much.  She's just shy of 4 ft tall.  She looks older than 5 as a result.  We had a lot of fun together but now I am home and buried in laundry since John was gone also.

I am gathering the things I need to pack for Wyoming and cleaning closets as I go.  So, my spare bedroom looks like a hurricane hit it.  I am mentally tired, I can't think with clutter and I can't find anything in my closet if everything is pushed together.  I decided the only way to prevent that was to give away a large chuck of my clothes.  Even if they fit I do not need 10 pairs of jeans and a similar amount of capris and shorts.  Hopefully I will be able to go into my closet and see what I have.  I am also anal about my closet.  I hang things in categories.  With pants I hang Left to right, jeans, capris, then shorts.  With tops I hang by category, color and material.  I put tanks or camis to the right and going left I hang T-shirts, then casual knit shirts, then casual cotton shirts, then long sleeve shirts.  Each category is arrange by color.  I have a separate section of my closet for dressy things also categorized.  Once I have my closet in order it gradually gets messed up as either I hang things in a hurry or John hangs things and he doesn't care. It is now at the point where I can't walk in there without getting a headache.  I know....there is medication for that.

Well I had better get back to it.

see ya later

yvonnef1964
on 6/19/16 6:50 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies 

I spent all afternoon with my dad. He grilled pork steak and my step mom made macaroni salad, broccoli salad, corn on the cob and shrimp ****tail.  Then for dessert she had watermelon and Boston cream pie cake which I split the piece with my SIL, she had the RNY about 10 years ago. Then she sent me home food. I had pork steak, shrimp and macaroni salad for supper. I had my usual breakfast egg omelet. I think I didn't do to bad today. Better than yesterday.

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views