Finally Friday-

Nancy B
on 7/7/16 11:15 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Good morning, everyone!

Today I have to wait until after 7 pm when the hydro costs go down...our country hydro fees are outrageous here...but I have to bake a double batch of IMPOSSIBLE CHEESEBURGER PIES....one for my family and one to take along to a POT LUCK that I am attending on Saturday.  I have already made banana bread...enough for the Potluck AND to freeze in smaller portions.I rarely bake in the summer but, if I am going to bake, I make use of the hydro and fill up the entire oven at once.(I had bought a bundle of ten extra-ripe bananas yesterday for one dollar!****il then, I continue doing my artwork projects.

We are still waiting for rain and JB told me to take it easy on the water...our cistern is getting pretty low...we may have to call for the water truck. Our cistern usually holds 35,000 gallons. My water bottle is always with me.

Our Belgian Shepherd, Quira, and our feral cat community have a child's wading pool filled with fresh water to keep them well-hydrated. There's plenty of shade trees around the yard, so they are all safe and well-cared for.

Our younger son, Derek, is working for CAA/AAA and driving a tow truck...his shift is 12 hours...1:00 pm til 1:00 am and is out rescuing people's cars in this terrible heat. I gave him my "hot flash towel" to keep with him in an extra-large ziplock bag and a bit of water...it has little gel-filled pockets that keep the water cool and he can wrap that around his neck to cool off...thank goodness I did not choose the PINK one when I bought it....lolol. 

Thankfully, Danny works inside.

Today's menu:

Breakfast:  protein drink

Snack: banana

Lunch: hard cheddar cheese & fresh fruit

Snack: yogurt

Dinner: homemade extra-lean beef patty, cooked beets and tossed salad

Bedtime snack: one cup of large-flake rolled oats cooked with milk & nuts &                                           seeds sweetened with local unpasturized honey

Please stay safe...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/16 6:25 am

good morning Nancy and those to come

I am packing up and getting ready to Check out of our last hotel. Tonight I will sleep in my home for the summer. Hope the beds are comfy.  My food for today:

Breakfast. Protein bar

Rest of day best choice possible on the road. I brought my scale with me and tomorrow I'll see if the trip has done much if any damage. 

I hope to see Jeannie in a few days. 

Have a good one ladies

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/8/16 12:51 pm

hello... I hear you on the heat thing... we are having a heat wave... 

when I finally came to work (I was late) I noticed that a commercial trash truck broke down on our property and there were 2 guys ..one mechanic trying to fix it and the driver... i asked them if they want some water - and then gave each of them 2 cold water bottles. These people work so hard...

II plan to stay inside today... out just enough to get to and from a car...My car has good air.. we are expecting 100F+ with a heat index (humidity) well above that... 

I hope to get a massage tomorrow... and then just chill..  no big plans for the weekend... 

we may go to see a movie... I would like to do some sewing.. (fixing things or just taking things in/ heming..) I am not an expert- but it is nice to be able to do that. I also woudl like to make/modify a few pillow covers... I have a few neck pillows and I have a fabric and i find it ridiculous to pay $10-$15  or even more per "special pillow case " when I can buy a standard one for $2.. and I can make 4 special ones from it...

beside that - nothing is going on...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 7/8/16 12:52 pm

I am running in and out...I am going to rent a van or a larger car to take on vacation because my car is just too small for the kids to ride comfortably.

I had an egg for breakfast and a tomato sandwich for lunch...

Snack will be fried soy...I'm sure it won't be enough so I will eat a cracker or two...I have three. 

Dinner is soup....yeah soup.

Ladies, stay cool and I hope to see Linda in WY....

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/16 10:00 pm

I'm here in Cody, just call me or post and give me a day, time, and place.  I will try to check in everyday.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views