SUNDAY

seasheleyes
on 8/7/16 11:38 am - Manteca, CA

Hi All,

I meant to start the thread last night but forgot. I'm needing to get back to posting. I got into a great groove and was having lots of success, but now that I've been not posting I'm starting to falter. I can get right back on the horse now since I haven't gained back more than a pound. 

Today I tutor as I do every Sunday. I'm also trying to organize and get rid of things that I don't need in my craft room. I have a very good crafting friend that was just diagnosed with ALS so I know that I need to get things in a more manageable space...she has so much "stuff" and now she has no ability to use any of it...I am going to help her make Christmas cards this year, which she really wants to do. I have a Misti tool which I can help her to use to stamp a lot of images by just moving the panel. Of course I will need to load each piece of card stock for her, but she will be doing part of the process. Her paralysis is progressing so quickly that I'm thinking this will be her last Christmas. It is a difficult thing to watch. We are so lucky to be able to do so many things with our bodies that we take for granted. 

My food plan:

Breakfast: one quarter of a veggie omelet with a few pieces of potato

Lunch: green salad with cheese and nuts

Dinner: leftover Chinese Mongolian Beef plus some chow mein

Snacks: watermelon and mixed nuts

Hugs to everyone!

Julia

yvonnef1964
on 8/7/16 1:44 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Julia,

I've been busy lately. Wednesday I went to the Dr for my low blood pressure episodes, she took me off my medicine and I haven't had a episode since then. I'm also getting in the extra calories that she wanted to eat. 

Yesterday was supposed to be a fun day but didn't turn out as planned. I rode with my niece and ex sil to my great niece b day party. When I went to the bathroom,  I noticed my ex sil car was gone. I asked my other niece if they left and she said yes. They never bother to tell me they were leaving so I could decide if I could find a way home or leave with them so I could get my car. My brother finally took me to my car at 9 pm. I wasn't a happy camper when I finally got home after 10 pm.

I went to kohl's today, I got some large size shirts that was on clearance and I had 30 percent coupon a 5.00 cash reward off. Also brought me new knife set with butcher block and new tennis shoes for 106.00. I tried on a size 12 dress and it fit but I didn't get that.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet  and string cheese.

L I  had leftover from long John silvers, chicken plank, green beans and French fries

D ribeye steak and squash

S light and fit Greek yogurt with chia seeds and apple

Everyone have a good evening

lightswitch
on 8/7/16 6:01 pm

Yvonne, 

That's awful that they left you. I'd be pissed too. 

Since my WLS, I've had the worst time keeping my blood pressure up enough so I know what you mean about that. 

It looks like you are doing great with your eating.  I love Greek yogurt and surprisingly, even with my milk allergies, I can eat yogurt.   

Keep up the good work. 

lightswitch
on 8/7/16 5:59 pm

Hey Julia and All,

I made a trip to the Rivervalley to look at another house. I sort of like it the best, so we are meeting with the real-estate lady on Wed., and we are making an offer and since we are paying ca****hink she will happily take it. I hope so. 

We brought the grands back up the mountain with us and now I'm washing the mattress pads and sheets off of our bed and off of the little bed in the other bedroom  

It has rained off and on here today, which cooled everything off a bit.  

Breakfast for me was veggies and scrambled eggs (about 1/2 to 3/4th cups)

I didn't eat lunch because we were looking at the house.  

For dinner, we took the kids to a buffet place and I had a few shrimp, a catfish fillet, and 1/2 of a baked sweet potato.  I tried to eat a roll and it was just too doughy and I knew it would mess with my pouch...

I am snacking now on watermelon and cantaloupe.  

Tomorrow I am going to make more pickles and more relish. I've also got a sack full of peppers that I am going to pickle. 

My daughter asked me to make her a quilt.  She and her husband cut down some large cedars over on our old farm and the lumber yard guy made them into wood and charged them half of the wood so for each piece of lumber my daughter got, the mill guy got one.  Those old cedars were huge so she got enough lumber to build another room on to the farm and it's all made of cedar. It smells so good in there.  Her husband made her a cedar chest too and I told her I would pay him to make me one but she had to tell me he actually made me one but was going to give it to me for Christmas. LOL...so she said, since we are giving you such a good present, could you make me a quilt for my new bed, so I said sure.  We found a pattern so I'm making her that. I cannot wait to get started. I think I'm going to invest in a quilting machine. They aren't that expensive and since I have all this time now...you know?

Well, ladies, let me get my clothes folded.  

Tomorrow we all get back to work...we have tons to do 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 391 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views