Tuesday Events

seasheleyes
on 8/15/16 8:03 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here in a few days so I need to get back. I had lunch today with some old colleagues. I miss them, but having lunch is the perfect way to stay in touch. The district is short three and a half speech therapists and they don't have any assistants to hire either. They are asking the small staff to cover schools that have no one. It's a horrible situation and if I were there I would be screaming bloody murder. They are trying to get the district to hire me to do assessments, reports, and meetings to help out, but I will only do that if they pay the rate that I was making when I retired. I have a limit also to how much I can make in a year before they start deducting from my retirement checks. We will see. The district doesn't like to do this because the process is kind of difficult but I think they need to just do what it takes. A lawsuit will be far more difficult. But whatever... 

Tomorrow I will be spending several hours with my woman friend with ALS. She can't be left alone because she needs help with everything she does. Her Boyfriend

could use respite and she is hoping that he will be able to go back to his part time job a couple of days a week. 

Breakfast: protein drink

Lunch: pepper cheese with a few crackers. Apple slices with cranberries

Dinner: chicken with a veggie mix

Snack: cantaloupe and nuts

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/16 7:37 am

good morning julia

I have been up and running for 2 hours getting prepped for our day trip and I am tired already.  Think I will sleep in the car.

I have washed two loads of clothes, made and packed a picnic lunch, taken out all the trash, washed the breakfast dishes and oh yeah, taken a shower and gotten dressed.  I am ready for a nap.  We are going to Yellowstone to finish the mammoth springs area, should be gone until late tonight.  It takes 2 hours to get to the park and another hour or so to get to the springs.

breakfast - toast with peanut butter

lunch - hummus with carrots and deli chicken

dinner- don't know yet

exercise - walking and walking and walking

lightswitch
on 8/16/16 8:44 am

Hey All,

I am spending the day looking at Kitchen cabinets and bathroom things. I cannot wait to actually have a refrigerator that is big enough to hold more than a few items.  Yesterday, I picked out tile for the kitchen floor, the backdrops, and the bathrooms....I still need to pick the flooring in the rest of the house.  I am thinking of hardwood because I hate carpet....Maybe carpet in the living room and that's it.

Today's breakfast was egg and bread

Lunch will be a smoked gouda and tomato sandwich 

Dinner will be vegetarian spaghetti (Imake a killer sauce).

Snack...we are still eating watermelon and fresh veggies from my daughter's garden.  

Ladies, have a good day. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 391 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views