MONDAY

seasheleyes
on 8/29/16 12:38 pm - Manteca, CA

It's getting late...I will start. Nothing much going on for me. I'm changing sheets and doing laundry. My sleep has not been great lately. I'm thankful that I am retired so sleep disruptions are easier to deal with.

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- one piece of pizza, 1 bite of a muffin

Dinner- stuffed pepper soup

Snacks- Pluots, cantaloupe, nectarine

lightswitch
on 8/29/16 5:13 pm

I've spent the day with my leg propped on a pillow.  I twisted my damn knee and it is hurting so much and is so swollen.  

But, life goes on.

B: loaded oatmeal

Lunch: Tomato sandwich 

Dinner: Trout and green beans

Snacks: junk...all day junk.  

I am so freakin' stressed over my damn knee. 

Ready2goNOW
on 8/29/16 5:29 pm

Hi Julia & any to follow!

This site has certainly fallen off and I am sorry to see this happen! It was such a source of support last year as I prepared for my weight loss surgery. I preferred this group over many others as some of the other boards seem to be very judgmental about your food and other choices. I also preferred a group of peers my age as many of us were motivated by health reasons to have this kind of surgery.

I have been far from perfect in my journey. My younger brother passed 3 weeks after my surgery and I found it difficult to stay on track. However, I did retain many of the good habits I learned from my dietician, I use myfitnesspal everyday, and exercise on a regular basis. My downside is I have basically been eating in maintenance yet have not achieved my goal weight. I average about 1400 calories a day, and consequently have only lost a total of about 120 lbs...and I had already lost 75 pre-op!

However, my health has improved, I have tons of energy, and am currently working a job where I am always moving. This would have been impossible before. I know I need an ongoing support system to keep this up and this group, myfitnesspal and another group have kept me in touch with the commitment I made to follow through on regaining my health and not gaining back the weight I have lost.

I would love to lose these last 30 lbs, but if that does not happen I will be okay. This is a lifelong journey and I plan to stay on course.

I am sorry I have not posted more often therefore contributing to the slow activity on this site, but when I check in it is usually from my phone, and I cannot respond on my phone. I do want to re-commit to posting more often as this group and many of the people in it are very special to me.

Breakfast - 1 piece of toast w/half tbsp. of peanutbutter

Lunch - grilled cheese

Dinner - 1/2 cup homemade sweet & sour chicken

Snack - Balance protein bar

(yes, ALOT of carbs...working on it!)

Kathy

Patricia R.
on 8/30/16 6:09 am - Perry, MI

Sorry I was AWOL Monday.  I am sick with another sinus infection, and was trying to apply for part time jobs online.  My food was toast and iced tea mostly, coz I was nauseous and trying to just keep hydrated and something there.

I'm still sugar free.  

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views