THURSDAY

seasheleyes
on 9/7/16 11:46 pm - Manteca, CA

HI All,

Glad you have pain meds Jeannie...what next? 

Im starting this before I go to bed since I have a busy day tomorrow. Then Friday will be a preparation day for our garage sale on Saturday. On Sunday we go to a benefit for the historical society. I'll be hit and miss here.

I'm back to losing weight again. I had a little backslide but now I'm back on track again. 

My friend with ALS bought a great exercise machine to help keep her legs from atrophying as quickly. Every time I visit I do a half hour on the machine. It has movement for the arms and legs and counts it all sort of like the fancy bikes and treadmills at the gym. I hope it helps her keep some mobility longer. 

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- tuna sandwich with lettuce

Dinner- ham, cheese, and cranberries

Snacks- celery with cream cheese

lightswitch
on 9/8/16 11:03 am

Hey Julia,

What's next? Well, it seems as though I will be getting that knee replaced but right now, we are working toward getting my iron level up.  As soon as the cardiologists gives me the thumbs up, I am heading for another infusion. Who the hell would have thought that low iron could damage the freakin' heart; I sure didn't know that.  So, I am working towards getting clearance for surgery, so while I wait, I have started working with a physical therapist so that when I have the knee replaced, my quads and other muscles will be developed and my recovery will be better. My brother *****cently had his knee replaced did a few months of PT before and his recovery was so much better than some of our friends and family who had it without preparation.  When my brother found out that I was getting approval from all the doctors for the surgery, he called me and said, " Sis, get your doctor to order the PT and if you cannot afford to pay what your insurance doesn't pay, I'll pay it."  I am doing PT three times a week and it hurts like hell....but the kid who is my therapist does heat before and during he hooks my knee up to a machine to follow the weakness, and then the weight lifts are designed based on those areas of weakness.   Things these days are all so technical. I really hope to get this done before we start moving but it doesn't look like that it is going to happen until next month because of my iron levels and my low, low, low blood count.  Of course, they can give me blood but my knee doc said that as low as everything is and the amount of blood usually lost during surgery would put me at risk so hell, you know.  When I had WLS, I had to wait forever because of my anemia. 

Today, I am using ice on the knee and taking the pain medication...If I feel better this afternoon, I am going to do a little quilting.  

B: oatmeal...just plain oatmeal...the walnuts are giving me digestive issues. That awful pain that I have been getting has come back and I think the walnuts and other fibrous foods aren't helping it....hell, between my knee and gut, I am in a world of hurt. 

L: potato broth with some shrimp

D: Trout....maybe, if my belly is up to it, I'll eat some green beans

Snack: none...I am not eating snacks today.  

Ladies, I am reconsidering my afternoon activities and think perhaps a nap is in order.    

Ready2goNOW
on 9/8/16 12:35 pm

Hello Ladies!

I'm taking a break for a minute & wanted to check in. I am doing a little better food wise this week, but went up 2 pounds. May be TMI, but I have noticed when I go on a carb binge my bowels move slower. I wonder if that contributes to the gain?

Anyhow, we closed the pool so I am walking again. 30 minutes kill my knees! I can't imagine the pain that would result in needing replacements! At least Tylenol gives me relief despite me hating to use it.

I am looking forward to the weekend. We are going to the PowWow with our neighbors, Jazz, her mom & moms fiance. It is supposed to be hot & humid, but we plan to get there as early as possible.

Julia, kudos on the weight loss! I have not been doing protein drinks for awhile so I decided to order some since I need to get back on track. Cellucor is my favorite They don't carry them around here so I get them on eBay. They can't come fast enough!

Jeannie, sorry the knees are still giving you grief & you have do many hoops to have surgery. Hope everything falls into place soon!

My meal plan today is:

B - protein bar

S - McD's sausage patty

L - grilled cheese & red grapes

D - chicken strips...haven't decided on a side

Kathy

lightswitch
on 9/8/16 3:14 pm

Kathy

When my children were younger, I jogged.  I wasn't overweight so jogging wasn't a big deal for my knees. It wasn't until I wa**** by the drunk driver that my right knee and long bone of the same leg began giving me grief. Because my back was broken and my neck cracked, the doctor was more concerned with getting all of that fixed and by the time they figured out that the knee and femur were messed up, so much damage had occurred that the leg was never good.  I've had five surgeries on my knee and the last time the doctor said it was merely a bandaide and the knee needed replaced.  Well, I have just dreaded it because some do good and some don't do good at all....I am afraid I will be one that it doesn't help. My brother says I am being silly but you know, I cannot help it.  

Take care of your knees and if you are feeling pain, don't pu****  

You are doing so good on your food intake.   

Ready2goNOW
on 9/8/16 7:00 pm

Jeannie,

Thanks for the boost on the food...I am getting ready for bed & really want to snack. It's head hunger. I used to read & eat in bed every night...my happy place. I know the food cravings at this time of night is due to association...like beer & hot dogs at a ball game or brushing my teeth in the bathroom.

Just gotta break it..

Your poor body has really been thru it! I know quite a few folks who have had one or both knee replaced with varying degrees of satisfaction or relief. One thing I have heard for the most part is that none of them regretted it bc they got some relief even if they didn't get all that was promised. I hope.when you get yours it was worth all the hassle!

I'm gonna sign off & go to bed. I need to get my mind off eating, damn it!

Good night!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 391 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views