WEDNESDAY

seasheleyes
on 10/11/16 9:15 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Everyone, 

I decided to start the thread for tomorrow the night before. It is Midnight for many of you anyway. 

I spent the day with my friend Linda. Her disease is progressing more even since last week. I got the appointment set up for a man to come out Thursday to set up her living trust. Her DNR and Power of Attorney forms are signed. Her partner is her Power of Attorney and he was worried about making the decision to let her go. I told him to follow her wishes, that if for some reason they put her on a ventilator against her wishes she might live in that state indefinitely, and it isn't what she wants...I doubt that anyone would want that. Sometimes the best thing to wish for is to let go. Easy for me to say with my health and vigor. It is what I would want in her position. 

I have lots of tasks when I wake up...I need to go to the credit union and go to card class. 

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- green salad with cheese and almonds

Dinner- Pot roast with veggies

Snacks- cheese and crackers

lightswitch
on 10/12/16 9:57 am

Julia,

I agree that living on a ventilator is not life. It is much more difficult to get a court order to remove the ventilator than it is to sign a DNR. ALS is a fast and destructive disease. Your friend is so fortunate to have you to support her. Most folks have a little more time to get used to the idea that their end is coming but with ALS, the rapid deterioration leaves very little time for the person who has the disease and the family members to prepare for the inevitable.  

My DH is working from home today because my MS has been rearing its ugly head, leaving me with some instability. Unfortunately, we cannot make changes to my medicine until after I meet with the hematologists and then he can set up my treatment for this iron deficiency.  So, I am spending the day with my feet up, so I will do a little crocheting.  

B: Egg and toast

L: Shrimp

D: Oyster stew

Snacks: celery and hummus.  

Notice the huge increase in protein. Oysters are loaded with iron so I am hoping to get my iron up a little before Monday.  Of course, they say it wouldn't matter how much iron rich foods I eat, I cannot absorb them because of my WLS.  If the numbers go up a little, I'll prove them wrong...right?  

Ladies...have a good day today. 

Patricia R.
on 10/12/16 10:18 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon OFF,

I had therapy this morning, then I went to Aldi and Meijer for some groceries.  It's supposed to be nice today, so I'm going to mow the front lawn and use the bagger for the leaves.

B: Sausage and English muffin.

L: Chicken and cole slaw.cauliflower.

Snacks" Apples and cheese.

D: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views