Mepitac Silicone Tape, how long should it be worn?

TweedyBird
on 1/3/09 3:20 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey you wonderful people,

Quick question,  my surgeon asked me to wear this silicone tape called Mepitac over my surgical scar to improve overall healing etc.  My question is, does anybody know how long this tape should be worn for maximum benefit? I have been wearing the tape (which has been changed/ reapplied) for approximately 3 weeks.  When can I expect to discontinue use?

Thanks for any feedback you guys can give.

mixedgirl33
on 1/4/09 8:03 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I'm pretty sure you wear it as long as the scar appears "visible"...or at least as long as you can.  I had a wierd reaction to it and got a rash, so I was only able to wear it for about a week.  I think it's kind of like lotion, if you're ashy...use it, if after you use it, you're smooth, you could still use it, but you don't have to!  LOL! 

Olivia Maylee Crofts - April 24th, 2008 7:20pm - 8 pounds 13.5 ounces
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/23 7:46 am

Please refer to my post above. Mepitac is a fixation tape. Mepiform is the Medical grade Silicone scar therapy product.

tuty
on 1/5/09 2:09 am - APO, (Bitburg), Germany
I was told to wear it for 8 weeks! Each strip lasted 2 weeks, and then I change it for a new set of strips. I really think it helped!! My surgery was in June of 2008 ( six months ago and my scars are almost pink, My TT scars are really pink and you can hardly tell they are there, my TT scars are still red, but very flat and I think really getting lighter!! Do wear it as long as it lasts!!
Most Active