swelling yesterday-into my jeans today!! Yeah!!

2kristie
on 4/17/09 12:59 am - , MO
I just had to share that I fit into my jeans today.  WOOOHOOO!!!  I know I was frustrated w/ my swelling and still am but I got into my jeans today and really need to wear them on Sunday so I couldnt be happier.  I just had a post yesterday but for those who dont know, 6 weeks post TT and I couldnt be happier w/ the overall look except I have always been an hour glass shape and I am finding I do not have a waist yet and being only 5'2" this is making me look even shorter....I was about to break out the maternity clothes.  I think the jeans though are a little tight still of course but its like wearing a girdle and I put a tank underneath to cut down on any rubbing.  I am going to try them and see how they work when I run to the grocery store.   Will keep you posted. 
gypsywoman6789
on 4/17/09 7:55 am - Hudson, NH
Oh I long for the day when I can wear jeans again but I am way too early in the process to even think about that!  Only 10 days post op soI have a long road before jeans are back in my wardrobe.

Went to my Dr's appt today in my pajama pants!  And I didn't even care as long as I was comfy!
2kristie
on 4/17/09 12:00 pm - , MO
I have been doing that for 6 weeks and never thought I would get tired of wearing black yoga pants but I am.  I loved being able to wear my jeans but I couldnt have done that at 10 days out or even 5 weeks out...it just changed over night, it seems.  I really am feeling a lot more like myself and even a week ago I didnt.  I will say that the jeans were not as comfortable as the yoga pants as tummy is still sensitive and I just tried not to bend over or sit too much before I got home and took them off.  However, I will be able to handle it for a couple of hours for this Sunday thing...  It is so funny how certain clothes can even change our mood, if finally felt pretty just to be in normal clothes...the pregnancy tummy was starting to spill over but I didnt care, I didnt have the pannus spilling under...all is good. 
Most Active