Wondering about Plastics and Tricare Prime

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 4/21/09 9:05 am - VA
I was wondering if anyone who uses Tricare Prime has been approved for any type of plastic surgery.
I have an appt. to talk to my PCP here at Fort Campbell but I thought I'd ask around and see what Tricare will approve. It seems to be a bit sketchy.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie

RNY 4/7/06
current weight 170
Never Give Up!
gypsywoman6789
on 4/21/09 10:56 pm - Hudson, NH
I would contact Tricare directly and find out what their policies are, they should be able to tell you right off what they will and won't cover and what requirements they have for covering the procedure.

Good luck.
a_swoose
on 4/22/09 2:21 am - Brenham, TX
I don't have Prime, but regular Tricare and then use Mediplus as my supplement.  I was covered for the medical portion of my surgery which I had one week ago today.  I took out a no interest loan for the cosmetic portion.  My Drs. office took care of dealing with Tricare, and said they didn't think it would be a problem, because they usually come through, but that Tricare Prime was VERY hard to work with.  I have friends who have many problems with Prime that I never seem to have. 

Good luck, and remember to let your Dr. deal with Tricare...it goes much smoother and faster. 

Suzie  :)

JustaSouthernGirl76
on 4/22/09 6:06 am - VA
Thanks so much for your responses. I am so ready for this excess skin to come off. My arms, thighs and belly are horrible. I had a bad experience recently that pushed me over the edge and now I'm more determined than ever to get this done.

Never Give Up!
Skinny_Jennie
on 5/30/09 10:24 am - Gunter AFS, AL
 I have Tricare Prime and got approved for a Panni on my first try! (0= 
Most Active