CosMed Tijuana

DWard
on 4/6/11 11:31 am - Lyons, NY
A friend just mentioned this place for plastic surgery.  I figure I would ask people I have trusted for the past 3 years for advice.  So, has anyone received services from here?  How was it, what did you have done and how expensive was it?

Denise
EB2012
on 4/6/11 12:47 pm - Canada
STAY AWAY FROM THERE!!!! Here is a far better Doctor with lots of OH clients. http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discussion/
greenbaygirl
on 4/6/11 3:52 pm - Hobart, WI
I did not go there, but I did know and see the work of 2 women who did, and it was excellent.  They had the best LBL I have ever seen, and were VERY happy with Dr Castenada.  I would have used him, but I found a better package in Mexicali.  I have read some negatives about Dr. Q so like anything else, research and ask alot of questions.  While there are many many people happy with Sauceda, I personally found it very difficult to get in touch with him and his office, although I have never read any negatives.  I believe him to be an outstanding doctor, and there are others as well in both TJ and Mexicali.  Ask around, and select who you feel most comfortable with.  Good Luck

cleos_mom
on 4/7/11 4:36 am - phila., PA
STAY AWAY FROM COSMED especially Dr. Quiroz, have seen several of his post op patients NOT GOOD AT ALL, if u want to go to Mexico check out Dr. Sauceda, a lot of people go to him, I had all my work done in the states this is just what I have learned from his site
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 5:47 am - Bayonne, NJ
My tummy tuck was all right, although Dr. Quiroz left in permanent stitches. He butchered my arms & breasts, though.

Others on here have had worse complications. There are a lot of women who are complaining about him over on PS Journeys, although the site is nearly dead now.

My two cents is don't go. It's going to cost me more in the long run to fix this mess. I've heard good things about Sauceda, no complaints, and I recently saw some of his work in person. Looks very good!
NursieGirl
on 4/12/11 7:38 am
I've heard some negative things about Dr. Quiroz.  I researched Dr. Sauceda (who has many OH clients) and also Dr.'s Luque, Gaspar and Manjarrez and decided to go with Dr. Manjarrez in Mexicali as I preferred the facility and the surgeon's approach.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/13/11 9:04 am
The only positives I've read here about CosMed were from their own employees. I'd avoid any place that felt the need to pose as a plastic surgery patient, to generate any good press.

I've seen some bad work on several people both here, and at psjourneys.com that was done by Quiroz.
Joyce G.
on 6/21/12 1:33 am
I had a very minor revision at Cosmed last summer that left me with a severe case of cellulitis.  I now have a gigantic crater in my stomach that I hope will heal with time.  If you use Cosmed, I would suggest you take a Sharpie marker with you and CLEARLY MARK the area to be revised before going into the operating room.  Dr. Quiroz and I discussed the problem area immediately before surgery, he took pictures of it, and then operated on the wrong side, where there was no scar tissue at all.  I paid $1,000 for the revision and got nothing but a new scar in return.

Also, for people used to having surgery in the United States, it can be a bit of a shock when the nurses remove your gown in the operating room, have you stand on a tarp and proceed to scrub you down with Betadine.  I was ok with it but saw another woman crying during the procedure.  (Yes, you can see other patients having surgery through the glass windows in the operating room.)

I did contact Dr. Quiroz to let him know I had complications.  His advice was to return to Mexico for a "quick follow up visit" which is never quick, considering wait times at the border and the clinic, nor is it cheap unless you live near by and can drive.  Travelling with a serious infection wasn't an option for me and no one at the clinic has called to follow up.  These are the nuances of having surgery outside of the country.  You have no rights and no recourse if problems arise.
Most Active