seroma after fleur de lis.

frazier
on 4/10/11 11:51 pm, edited 4/10/11 11:59 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I had fleur de lis 3 weeks ago.  The area around the umblicus is open and draining a large amount of fluid.  The Dr ordered a wick to be inserted and dressing changes.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Today I think the wick has disappeared...hopefully not into the opening.  I had to replace the top dressing because it was soaked and the wick did not come out and I can't see it in the opening. So far still like the results but I can see that I may take quite a while to heal completely.
thisbe777
on 4/11/11 5:22 am
i had mine 3 weeks ago too...  just had the drains removed today, and he told me to watch for signs of a seroma, since two of the drains were still pretty productive...  they don't keep the drains in longer than 3 weeks to avoid infections.... though i do have a minor infection in a small section of my lower incision -- will be on antibiotics for a couple weeks for that.... 

not being able to find the wick is troubling - might want to have them check that out....

recovery from this is more interesting than i thought.....  but it will look great once it's all healed!!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Most Active