help!!!

grannygrape
on 7/12/11 3:55 pm - Gervais, OR
I had been staying at 125# for 9 yrs and all of a sudden Bam i shot up to 150# not doing anything different!!! I am confused and Pissted! And i can"t seem to loose it got any advice? Please help.
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
antonietta23
on 7/12/11 9:29 pm - Holbrook, MA
 are you in menopause.  I remember when I hit menopause, the same thing happened.  Also maybe the medicine you are on for the pocd especially steriods would do it. I would talk to doctor and see what they say.  Hope this helps

pixielee
on 7/13/11 12:34 pm - Twinsburg, OH
talk to your MD. Sometimes with COPD you can retain a lot of fluid.  Are you on a diuretic?  (I'm an RN, not just some random crazy person)

Kate

Laura in Texas
on 7/13/11 12:44 pm
Are you sure you're not doing anything different? Are you exercising? Are you tracking every bite that goes into your mouth?? If so, how many calories are you eating? I usually eat 2000 calories a day. When I'm up a few, I track everything I eat and cut back to 1300 calories a day. The extra pounds quickly disappear.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 1:53 pm - Yorktown, VA
I agree with checking the potential side effects of some of your meds.

Also, what type of surgery did you have?
grannygrape
on 7/13/11 3:34 pm - Gervais, OR
Thanks for all the advice,no i use a inhaler,but not every day and i"m not in menopause as i had a hysterectomy when i was 24,and heavens i can"t remember the last time i tried to eat 2000 calories.lol.Dr.thought it was my thyroid but got those back in control,so really puzzled.dont know what to do, some one said to try the liquid diet for a couple weeks so guess i"ll try that.i"m so discouraged. ugg!!!so now i just need to kick start it some how
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
Laura in Texas
on 7/13/11 9:41 pm
We need more info. How many calories are you eating a day? How much protein? What is your % of carbs/fat/protein? How often and what kind of exercise are you doing? How much water do you drink a day? Do you drink with your meals? Are you taking all your vitamins?

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active