Tummy tuck update - "recruitment" and new pic posted

jtsmom02
on 7/26/11 7:58 am - Mineola, TX
I saw the plastic surgeon today.  I've messaged a few of you privately about the anchor cut  and the fact that my upper stomach is still 'swollen' or protrudes more than the lower stomach.  Well, the doctor said I have 'recruitment' and basically he can fix it in the office - cutting out a football shaped section and tightening that specific area.  I think I'd rather wait until I have my next procedure and do it at the same time.  He agreed if I'm sure I'll have more surgery. 

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not crazy because the upper stomach was driving me insane! 

They were very happy with my scarring, breast lift, etc.  And I am still very happy overall, even with this 'recruitment' problem.  I have posted a new picture.  Sorry I'm not a pro like some of you but you can get the idea! 

If anyone has any experience with the above, please share!
Thanks!!!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

siberiancat
on 7/26/11 8:43 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I've never heard of "recruitment."  Sounds like too much of a revision to have done in the office?  Is it a surgicenter??

Anyway - glad you have answers.  Your belly button looks great - mine is red and a couple scabs.  Still have my "open wound" from necrosis but it is closing up.  I have my 2 month appt this Friday and hoping to have some restrictions lifted.

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active