Hip Pain

Bertrand765
on 8/19/11 12:34 pm

Six weeks out as of tomorrow and my hips are STILL killing me. After sitting, they feel like they want to rip apart. Or are being pulled apart. I can't believe that this far out I could still have so much discomfort. Anyone else still having pain in their hips?

My body does NOT like the up right sitting position. I can make it about four hours at work and then spend the rest of the day standing. Whats up with that? I would have thought at this point I wouldn't have such discomfort.

Anyone else having a pulling, burning type pain in their hips while sitting post TT?
Elle

cyndi U.
on 8/20/11 10:24 pm - forney, TX
I usually always have pain in my hips, before surgery.  Haven't really noticed any difference after surgery.  I would say the swelling probably has something to do w/your pain along with the many different "positions" they place us in while operating on us.  I've had alot of pulling, burning type sensations in my thighs & stomach, they said it's the nerves coming awake.  Call your Dr. and ask him what he thinks!  I would also think staying on some ibuprofen several times a day for a couple of days would help.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Bertrand765
on 8/21/11 10:40 am
Thanks Cyndi,
I see my Dr. this Wed. for my six week check. I will definitely ask him whats up? Hope your healing is going well? I appreciate your time to help me out! How many weeks are you out now?
Elle

Most Active