Would it hurt to Meet with a Plastic Surgeon now?

mrschriscross
on 8/26/11 2:49 am - Oswego, NY
I know I am going to need some plastic surgery in the future and while I am only 10 1/2 months out and have a bit of a wait ahead of me I was curious about something. Would it hurt to meet with a plastic surgeon now to discuss the areas I would like to have fixed when the time comes? I want to get an idea of what it will cost me total so that I may start trying to figure out the financial aspect of this. I am 40lbs away from my goal and 60 from my surgeons goal. I do know I have to wait until I my weight has stabilized for at least 6 months. I am not trying to rush into this I am trying to be prepared :)

Has anyone met with a PS way ahead of time just for a consult and to figure costs out and what they would like done?
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

Zombie
on 8/26/11 4:56 am
It never hurts to be prepared. This would give you plenty of time to save. Good luck.

~Paul~

Laura in Texas
on 8/26/11 6:09 am
Keep in mind that some surgeons do charge for consults. I went for a consult 9 months post-RNY. It was nice knowing how much money I would need. I had my arms done at 15 months post-RNY.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Bertrand765
on 8/26/11 6:31 am
I started consults two months before my year mark! I was at my goal weight and working on maintaining. I knew I wanted to start looking into different surgeons because I am SUPER picky on who touches my body lol. Met with four different surgeons and researched each one, their education and experience as well. I did have to pay for each consult. Ranged from $45-50 per consult. But found the experience totally worth it.

It gave me a great idea on the different options out there, cost, and surgeons techniques. In the end by the time I had my first plastic surgery I was 16months post VSG. And found my PERFECT surgeon.

Best of luck to you...I think its a great idea to start checking into it. I was totally cash/self pay on all my surgeries so it was nice to hear the different cost as well.

Hope you find what your looking for and a perfect match for you! Don't settle, the joy of starting early is you have plenty of time to take it slow and be comfortable with your Doctor!
Elle

mrschriscross
on 8/26/11 6:34 am - Oswego, NY
Thank you for your help everyone :) I really appreciate it. I xposted this on the main forums and got well not so helpful responses.  I am sure I will be back with more questions on this next journey in my life :)
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

pixielee
on 8/26/11 9:11 am - Twinsburg, OH
I started meeting with plastic surgeons about 10 months post RNY.  Now I am 16 months and maintaining at a happy (for me) weight.  Just need to not look like the Thanksginving turkey in Novemeber! (lower face lift is first on my list followed by arms and EVERYTHING else)  My Dr. was very receptive to meeting with me back then and it gave me a better idea of what all was achievable.  Really helped to keep me motivated as well.  She also helped to discuss insurance issues with me.  Let me know that b/c I have a small hernia, the insurance company willlprobably pick up the tummy tuck.

Kate

Most Active