Update 18 days out Medial Thigh, BL, Vertical TT

RhondaRoo
on 10/13/11 10:28 pm - OH
So, I haven't been posting. I am officially off pain meds, but still sleeping in recliner.

I ended up with some type of infection, and was placed on 2 ten day rounds of Cipro antibiotic plus 10 days of something to counter bacterial infection.

I am still draining quite a bit of clear liquid from right leg. I am keeping it covered with a female maxi pad taped on---as gauze isn't enough to keep my leg / pillows under the knees dry.

I also am draining brown reddish liquid from the hole the drain was in (no drain, just the open hole); as well as same liquid with a little yellow / greenish yucks from the belly button---again, all covered with taped on maxi pads.

Doc said the fact I was draining was a good thing and keep letting it drain. If I push out my ab muscles while pushing on my lower belly with my hands, the drainage comes out: and I do this about 3x day. Also, I am showering with antibacterial hand soap, followed by a soak in the tub that is bubble bathed with same hand soap. I know this sounds peaceful yadda yadda--but it's not. It wears me out and I'm so sick of sitting I could scream!

I am not back to work yet, but will start a day or two next week.

Since I am off the pain meds, I am able to drive; but have been keeping it to a minimum.

I feel a little "off"--not quite pain, not quite nausea--just not myself. I am drinking and eating, so I am thinking it is the effect of my body and med fighting the infection.

To recap;
pre-surgery I weighed 135. The next day I weighed 149. This morning I am at 137. I also have measurements:

Morning before surgery 9-26
Weight: 135
35" Under bust
14" middle shoulder to nipple
33" waist
38" hips
22" Upper thigh
16" above knee

10/6 (same order)
139.5 lbs
35"
11"
36"
39"
22"
15"

10/14
137.2 lbs.
34"
11.5"
32.5"
38"
21.25"
15"
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

Lee ~
on 10/14/11 12:17 am - CA
Rhonda,
I'm so sorry you got an infection.  Good that your doctor is being agressive with the antibiotics.  The draining sounds like a pain in the tushie, but at least it's coming out of you!

Your measurements look great.  I'm glad that you post your weight because I think it helps the rest of us not panic if we're up after surgery.  I'm going to remember this and not allow myself to freak out.

Rest well.  I hope you're up and better really soon.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

debtfree
on 10/14/11 12:29 am - OK
thanks so much for the update!!  I'm glad you posted your weight and measurements because it will help me not freak out and know its normal.  I'm sorry you have the infection but glad they are on top of it.  Hopefully you will be sleeping in your bed soon.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

laurak712
on 10/14/11 12:42 am - New Braunfels, TX
Oh God Rhonda...thanks for officially freaking me out. LOL!  I hope you feel better soon.  Man my LBL/BL so damn easy and pretty painless.  I'm more nervous this time around...probably cause I know too much.  My thighs will only be the horizontal with about a 4 inch vertical incision...so just the top part of the thigh.  But I'm also doing arms and a small revision to the LBL.  Dr. Lo says this will be nothing in comparison to last year, but I am doubtful.  Call me chicken...

Laura

Height 5' 7

RhondaRoo
on 10/15/11 10:19 pm - OH
Sorry laura lol

I know, I had lbl and lipo last year, and was thinking this one would be easier. I believe it would have been had it not been the infection.

not calling you chicken!

dutchgirl50
on 10/15/11 5:28 am - Ontario, CA
Wow, at least I don't feel alone..I have a little hole on my hip that drained about a cup the other day and the doctor said that is a good thing...It also has some green pus.  I was going to ask him about Cipro the next time I see him, as I had to take that the first time I had my tummy tuck.
My inner thighs split open, but he said it is not an infection, just the new skin trying to bring everything back together.
Because I had had a tummy tuck before, we went the other direction this time, so it helped that I can lay down flat, with just my legs lifted.
Do you have alot of swelling in your lower legs now that you are moving around more?
Karen 
RhondaRoo
on 10/15/11 10:20 pm - OH
I don't have edema. I am swollen quite a bit where I was cut, but not in my calves or ankles.

laurak712
on 10/16/11 12:07 am - New Braunfels, TX
I've got to have Thanksgiving at my house on day 22.  Is that even possible??  I think my hubby and kids are gonna have to do everything.  I could have done it with my LBL but I think this may be worse.  And Dr. L said no drains this time...for the arms or thighs!  I think I'll be laying on the couch for Thanksgiving this year.

Laura

Height 5' 7

RhondaRoo
on 10/16/11 12:31 am - OH
I can't speak for the arms; but I really feel like I turned a corner yesterday. If you are like me, you should be fine. I would pre-do as much as you are able as energy levels won't be full power.

Do you have a deep freeze? Most side dishes and desserts can be pre-made and just popped in oven at appropriate times. Hubby would have to do all the lifting in and out of oven, etc. Remember we are weight restricted for the first few months.

Take a deep breath, and try not to over worry! But do line up someone to come and help clean the house pre-Thanksgiving; pre make items and put in freezer so all hubby has to do is put in and take out! Also, line someone up to help with clean up afterwards. And soooo enjoy yourself!

laurak712
on 10/16/11 2:18 am - New Braunfels, TX
Thanks for the advice honey...feel better soon. : ))

Height 5' 7

Most Active