Getting procedures covered by insurance (united healthcare)

Nicole T.
on 11/15/11 3:30 am
I have united healthcare hra and i just spoke with one of the benefits people to see about whether there was an exclusion to get those procedures covered. she said cosmetic procedures are not normally covered but my doctor can submit and pre-plan something or other if i have a medical condition. does this basically mean i have no chance in hell?
Havalina
on 11/15/11 4:24 am
I am not sure if you have a chance or not. My plan shows a exclusion for skin removal. But, yet again the insurance company said that I can try and I need to prove that its not comsmetic and why. I wish I could help more =(
 VSG  Aug 9, 2010 with Dr. Shieh in Fort Myers, FL    
HW 366 Day of Surgery 334
PS: Extended TT, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer to the rear 6/6/2012.

Jujuvee
on 11/15/11 5:42 am
I have united health and the excluxion as well and was denied just because it was excluded and that the only thing they cover is reconstructive after breast cancer.

Good luck though

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/15/11 5:29 pm
I was like Jujuvee, I have United Healthcare and since there was an exclusion, it wasn't even discussed or considered.  They didn't care that I had lost all of that weight and now would cost them much less in the future - or that I was dealing with chronic back pain from the excess panni weight.  Flat out denied!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

sonnieN
on 11/15/11 7:05 am - grand rapids, MI
I have United Health care and it excludes any reconstructive surgery due to weight loss. You have to check the rider that your company bought. It should spell out specifically what is and what is not covered.
Most Active