Stitches and healing

Sharon C.
on 3/9/12 10:59 pm - Plano, TX
Hi all, Its been 2 weeks since I had my open area and back area repaired.  The stitches seem to be healing up and feeling tighter everyday.  My question is did anyone put anything on that area?  Its seem to be tightening and kinda dry and I am afraid that I may make the wrong move and have an area open up.  The skin seems dry and could crack open.  A friend mentioned vaseline but I am not sure we can put anything on them.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  Sharon
j_j_miller
on 3/10/12 4:05 am
 I am using neosporin. I apply it with a q tip usually twice a day. My instructions were to apps two or three times a day but it's a hassle to take my garment on and off so I usually do it after my shower in the morning then again around dinner. 

Jennifer. 
Raven300
on 3/10/12 5:27 am
 Once the incision was closed and without a scab, I used Bio-oil to ease that dry feeling.  I also began using it on Round 2 of plastics at 2 weeks out in the area near the incisions so that I wouldnt feel that pulling and tension.  So far, so good with these incisions.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Sharon C.
on 3/10/12 11:33 am - Plano, TX
Where would I find Bio-oil?  I have not heard of that product before.  Every time I bend over I just feel like its going to pull apart.  Do you think it helps with scarring too?  Thanks!
Raven300
on 3/10/12 2:16 pm, edited 3/10/12 2:17 pm
 I first heard about it on this forum I think but also have seen it talked about on other plastic surgery forums such as justbreastimplants and realself.  It is supposed to help with scarring and some folks report that it does.  I can't report one way or the other yet but it sure has helped me with the dryness and has relieved the itching in the thickened scar areas where I had incisons open up.  It also smells very nice!

You can buy it at Walmart and at Costco.  For a complete list, I went to the bio-oil website. A little bit goes a very very long way.  Here is the link:    www.bio-oil.com/en-us/retailers/us
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Sharon C.
on 3/10/12 3:06 pm - Plano, TX
I so love Costco!!!!!!  Thanks for letting me know.  Thats where I buy my protein drink.  We have the preferred membership and use it so much its free to us and then some with our 2% rebate on everything we buy.  I will give it a try.  If it wasnt for this tightness I would be fine.  I am in no rush to get the stitches out since this has opened up before.  I want to give it time and heal right.  Thanks again!  ~Sharon
Most Active