Considering A Breast Lift/Augmentation

SisterBigBone
on 3/19/12 8:26 am - Bronx, NY
Hi guys,

So last week I attended my first plastic surgery consultation. I'm in desperate need of several things, but I decided to start at the top and work my way down.

I met with the PS to discuss a breast lift/augmentation. He examined my breast and said that since there is so much skin he would recommend making the surgery a two-part process. He thinks I require a lift initially, and then to wait 6 months and have the augmentation done. I was really hoping that this process would be a one-time ordeal, but I'm now concerned that if I go to another PS they will tell me that they could do it all in one surgery and then it will come out looking crazy.

I need some opinions as to what I should do. I have appts. with other PS's, but I'm nervous that I may make the wrong the decision. Please help me!!!

jax0601
on 3/19/12 1:19 pm - NV
I dont know if you would consider going to Mexico, but my surgeon, Dr. Francisco Sauceda, did my lift and implants at the same time. He is a true artist. I have had two phase with him

*Dec. 2010- LBL, breast lift with augmentation, full brachioplasty

July 22, 2011- mini thigh lift

We have a dedicated board on this site of patients who have had surgery with Dr. Sauceda as well as future patients. Im sorry I dont know the exact address to get there but from plastic surgery area put in key word "Dr. Sauceda" and you will find the site. He has a stellar record, is very down to earth, takes care of each and every patient as if they were his own family, and is a true artist in cosmetics.

If you would like to see my pics, send me a friend request and i will send you the password.
Best of luck to you,
Marianne
allypad64
on 3/19/12 1:45 pm - henderson, NV
I also went to Dr. Sauceda in Mexico and had mine done in one procedure AND he was able to do everything through the areola instead of the lollipop incision, AND they look absolutely fantastic!  I am so very pleased.  If you would like to see pics, friend request me and I will send you my password.

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

Michelle E.
on 3/19/12 1:52 pm
Hey Sister,

I agree with your PS. I had mine done at the same time and the recovery was difficult. I had a lot of skin.. I wish I had them done separately now I have to have a revision due to the side wall of the muscle giving eay to the implant.. plus I think the nipples arent perfect either.. plus.. not to deter you but the implants feel heavy.. I always wear a bra now. I am about 11 weeks out..If I go without  a bra, it feels odd and shifty.  

Everyone's experience is different.

Michelle
SisterBigBone
on 3/19/12 1:57 pm - Bronx, NY
 I was formerly a 40H. I'm now a 32D. I look like a B-cup. The PS asked me how many kids did I have. When I told home none, he was so shocked. I just didn't want to undergo more than one surgery onmy breast.

Michelle E.
on 3/19/12 2:04 pm
I had one kid .. breast fed for 11 weeks.. I was 44DDD or 44G depending on where I bought my bra. I am a 36DD now ( with implants). My boobs were completely deflated and hung really low.
I had to have an anchor cut to really lift them up high.. and reconstruct the breast. I didnt have a lot of breast tissue to work with so thats why the implant was necessary. having multiple surgeries isnt my idea of an ideal situation but PS isnt perfect

Michelle
J G.
on 3/20/12 3:24 pm
Hi sis, I had a very similar experience. Two surgeons said they would do a breast lift with aug and another surgeon said do the lift first and then wait and decide if I wanted the aug and do it later. 

I agree with you, cause I would like to only cut once, but I am still undecided on whether I want the augmentation.  Sooo confused.
LorriB
on 3/21/12 9:29 am

I've had a couple of consultations for breastlift/augmentation and both consultations were the same -  because of the amount of the 'lift' needed (in my case) it would be a two part process!

katier825
on 3/22/12 9:22 am
I had both the BL/BA done in one procedure with a lollipop incision. I opted for silicone, under the muscle. I had very little breast tissue left after losing weight - it was all just hanging skin. Prior to weight loss, I had been a C/D cup. After weight loss, slightly more than an A cup, swimming in a B cup, even with silicon pads in a padded bra. I am still recovering, but currently about a 36D. I think my recovery was easier because I didn't have the anchor incision under my breasts. I think my doctor did a fantastic job...and I'm not even completely healed yet. I think mine will look even better in time!
Psyche
on 3/22/12 10:40 am
I needed a decent lift and got mine done at the same time. The first surgeon I spoke with wanted to do it in two surgeries - the artist I had do mine did it in one. I would look for another surgeon.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

Most Active