X-Post Lower Body Work - Hurdle One....

JazzyOne9254
on 5/1/12 8:33 am, edited 5/1/12 8:39 am
OK...breathing....

Today, I got a letter from the State Medicaid office that approves lower body skin removal!

Now, before anyone gets on the soapbox...those who have followed my posts know that SMO, lupus and fibro sent me to disability.
I am not a "do nothing, bleed the taxpayers dry" person. I paid LOTS of taxes during my 25+ year career.

Long story short: I'm in Voc-Rehab, at 54, training for a different profession. Lupus and fibro preclude my previous career.

That said, I've lost 237 pounds (I'm at 168.0 as of today) and I have a lot of loose skin below the waist that has now become a medical issue.

Problem is, the doctor neglected to get prior cert from AARP Medicare, which requires pre-certification for all surgery. 
State certification runs out June 23rd.  Today is May 1st.
Ideas? 

I have a feeling the doctor really doesn't want to be bothered because I obviously don't have deep pockets, and it's just a tactic to get me out of the way.

Thoughts?

BTW - This is thighplasty/butt lift and removal of a fat deposit right at the top of my left calf at the bend of my knee.
Tummy is wrinlky but flat, and I can live with it.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

samiamiam
on 5/2/12 9:54 am
Personally I do not feel that you should have to explain yourself or your situation to anyone of here or anyone anywhere. I also have fibro and all the wonderful things that go with that. I am glad that your medicaid is paying for that. Good for you! I am paying for my own tt but am hoping that medicaid will help me with my breast reduction, especially to help relieve chronic neck and back pain. We will see. Have you called aarp to see if this can get done or fixed quickly?

Teresa
JazzyOne9254
on 5/8/12 6:31 pm

The situation worked itself out. 

I will be having my thighplasty/LBL at the same place I had my DS with a ps vetted by my DS surgeon.  I had already had conslults with three different surgeons in that area, all eperienced in doing post-bariatric body work.

The one my PCP recommended didn't even list thighplasty on his site, so I wasn't about to be anyone's experiment, and I told them so. 

See new post,,,SKREEECH! 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active