4 Month Follow-up with PS

bowknot
on 5/21/12 7:48 am
I had my follow-up with my PS this morning.  He is quite please with my healing and my results.  I had a lower body lift, breast lift, and upper eye lid bleth in January. 

The scars on my eyes are healed so well that you cannot see them. 

My breast scars are healing very well and have turned white  They look kind of funny on my breast, like they are outlining my nipple. 

My LBL scar is almost white on the back side, but still pretty purple on the front.  It is healing well.  I have a small spot at the lowest part of my scar on the left hand side that will open and bleed a little every now and then.  My PS said that I am probably reacting to an internal stitch.  Eventually it will work its way to the top and come out.  (I knew this from this board, but it was nice to hear it from him too).

Short story -- All is well!  I'm very happy with my results and I LOVE my doctor (Peter Fisher in San Antonio)!

Kay

godzilla
on 5/21/12 8:27 am - Israel
Yeah got a healing cooperative body!
I wish mine was do cooperative!
Mikimi in Israel
Lee ~
on 5/21/12 9:16 am - CA
 Great report Kay! So happy to read this!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

KeepOn
on 5/21/12 10:20 pm

Question for Lee:

Lee, 

I see that you had a LBL and thigh lift, did you have these at the same time?
One of the PS consults recommended a LBL and Medial thigh lift for me.
My concern is with putting on the compression garment for the thighs without causing tearing of the LBL stiching. I'm single and will only have someone with me for a week.
Do you have any suggestions? I have even considered doing the surgerys at seperate times.

I am also wondering how  one manuvers in and out of bed without pull the stiching in the thighs and backside?  The surgeons seem to make it sound like it is no problem.

Thanks for your input.
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/21/12 11:24 pm
 A good garment will zip on both sides! The only pulling is to get it over your calves. I had an extended thigh lift, LBL and anchor cut TT.  Design Veronique and Marena Group have the best garments. Our doctor gave us 2 of them and I bought 2 more garments which went to my ankles. They helped with the swelling. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

KeepOn
on 5/21/12 11:30 pm

"The only pulling is to get it over your calves"

How did you accomplish that without pull sutures on from the LBL. (ouch)
Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/22/12 1:49 am
 I just sat on the side of the bed and gently lifted my leg enough to get the leverage to pull it over my calves. The rest was completely open and I just hooked it and zipped it up! It isn't easy but you manage. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/22/12 1:50 am
 I meant to say, each movement is deliberate, calculated, gentle and a bit slow!

Lee ~
on 5/22/12 2:01 am - CA
Everything Dee said is correct.  I had help the first week, then after than I was able to get the garment on and off by myself.  It only comes off once a day to take a shower.  Once you put it on, it stays there until the next day.  I do have to admit that even a week post-op, while I was willing to urinate while wearing it, I pulled it down if I had to poop.  I just couldn't bring myself to poop through the hole in the crotch.  If you go look at designveronique, you will see the garments that Dr. Sauceda gives us.  We get two sets so that we can wash one daily and hang to dry.

You can do this.  Getting in and out of bed is a slow process.  I also had my arms done along with the LBL and long thigh lift (incisions to knees).  I did a ton of Pilates.  I laid on the floor and made my arms and legs stiff and forced myself to get to a sitting position.  It took a lot of core strength for me but I loved how fit I got in preparation. 

Use a one step stool to get up on your bed so that you are not straining.  Just lay yourself down gently.  I was very careful for 10 weeks getting in and out of bed.  I felt vulnerable for a long time.  I had the incision in my groin open up a bit from the thigh lift and it took a long time to heal so I was ultra careful.  I never had a problem with any other area of incisions wanting to open except my groin.

I would NOT do separate surgeries.  It's such a pain in the tush and I would hate to go through that twice.  You are pampering the same area so why not just suffer through it once and be done with it.  It truly is no problem.  The compression garments will keep you snug and mindful of your every move.

More questions?  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

KeepOn
on 5/22/12 2:38 am

Lee & Dee

Thanks for the input.

I'm just really nervous about this decision and want to be as prepared as possible.
The one thing I have noticed is that no matter how difficult things were for people they all say they are glad they did it.  This is something I need to keep telling myself.

Lee,

I kind of agree with you about the separate surgeries. I think if I did one , I might not want to do the other later.

One more question:
If you had the choice to spend 2-3 days in the hospital after surgery, would you choose that over going home?

Most Active