What is revision surgery?

Debra Welker
on 5/22/12 4:43 am - Kaukauna, WI
I hear alot of you talking about having revision surgery, is that reopening the incision?
godzilla
on 5/22/12 5:58 am - Israel
I think it is sort of tweaking areas that don't look esthetic and clean but I will be having scar revision but wonder if it is TT revision.
I hole someone who has already had will chime in.
Mikimi in Israel
laurak712
on 5/22/12 6:20 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yes that's exactly what it is.  Sort of a redo of any area that might not have come out quite right the first time.  I had both hips on my LBL revised after 1 year and there was some settling of the saddlebags.  He was able to take out more tissue the second time and things look much better.  Hope this helps.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Maureen K.
on 5/23/12 3:21 am
 Does it cost alot??

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/23/12 6:27 am
 With my surgeon if the revision is needed because of something he did or didn't do, he will pay for it. If I just decided I wanted something different after 6 months - I would pay for it.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

laurak712
on 5/23/12 7:17 am - New Braunfels, TX

The surgeon doesn't usually charge a fee for revisions but if they can't be done in office as was the case with reopening my LBL, then there are the usual hospital and anesthesia fees which can be kind of expensive.  I was having a second procedure anyway so it was done at the same time free of charge.  Little things like dog ears can be done in office and should be no charge.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active