How is everyone?

kipz303
on 11/30/12 2:27 am

The board has been kind of dead lately but I know we have several of us healing up from various surgeries to further beautify ourselves! How's everyone's progress going? 

Personally, I'm doing great! My infection was really just my body trying to push the drains out, wasn't really time but surgeon took them out anyways.  Turns out my drains were draining out what the drains being in were creating! Hardly any swelling since they've been out! (Unless of course I do too much like I did yesterday haha!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

acbbrown
on 11/30/12 2:59 am - Granada Hills, CA

Im about to itch to death!!!  Im 2 weeks out, all my stitches still in, one drain left to go (started wtith 7) and I can't stop itching!!! 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

kipz303
on 11/30/12 12:19 pm

I feel you on that one! My itching just calmed down last week (week 3).  Although I had a very high fever from drain infection and from a virus going around so I developed a sort of diaper rash but it was on my back where my binder sits...OH MY GOODNESS I was about to go crazy..healing itchies along with a rash...NO THANK YOU! 

Happy healing!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Kim S.
on 12/3/12 2:23 am - Helena, AL

My itching was worst at week 2.  Now almost completely gone (3 1/2 weeks).

My doctor had me using 50/50 mix of cortisone and Aquaphor and it really helped.

Laura in Texas
on 11/30/12 10:34 pm, edited 11/30/12 10:36 pm

I'm 16 months out from my lbl/bl, but I'll report in, too. So thankful to Dr. LoMonaco for making me feel "whole" again. It took close to a year before feeling back up to par, so hang in there are you recent post-ops. I  think I look pretty damn good for a 46 year old woman who used to be 200 pounds heavier. Life is good!! kiss

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/1/12 12:22 am
On December 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM Pacific Time, Laura8603 wrote:

I'm 16 months out from my lbl/bl, but I'll report in, too. So thankful to Dr. LoMonaco for making me feel "whole" again. It took close to a year before feeling back up to par, so hang in there are you recent post-ops. I  think I look pretty damn good for a 46 year old woman who used to be 200 pounds heavier. Life is good!! kiss

You don't just look pretty darn good you look AWESOME! Look at your beautiful arms and tummy! 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

pamkb
on 12/1/12 1:32 pm - Crestview, FL

Laura

You look Fabulous!  I am 45 and if my tummy gets close to looking like that after all the swelling goes down, I will be absolutely thrilled!!  Thanks for sharing such a motivation pic!

Pam

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

dana8221
on 12/1/12 3:11 am - Canada
3.5 weeks out from TT and BL feeling good! Can always tell when I pu**** as the swelling is crazy. Any idea when that stops??? I am back to the gym on a strictly treadmill 45 minutes of walking a day..taking it slow but the time off is driving me squirlly!!!

Just finishing some additional antibiotics for infection in the right boob but really cleared it up!!!

Happy healing!

Pats jan 18th to today 106lbs-Surgery jan 27th to today 96!!
SweetLilyAnn
on 12/1/12 8:38 am - TX

Yes, I noticed that this board has been quiet too. I guess everyone is healing :-)  I am doing well, but seem to be pretty TIRED at 3 weeks out.  I am not working at the moment (by choice) so I have the blessing of being able to sleep when needed......Which I know is a total luxury.  I have not been VERY VERY itchy, only just a little itchy, just under my breasts.  My left boob is still swollen - re absorbing blood, my right one looks great but I have been in a little pain this entire time bc of the left boob.  So I have surgery in 11 days (arms and abdomen lipo) and not looking forward to being yet in further pain again, but it will be OVER and I can move forward with my life :-) I have only had a moderate amount of swelling. I am starting to see the results....this is getting fun :-)  Thanks for checking in on us....

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

pamkb
on 12/1/12 1:30 pm - Crestview, FL

Thanks for starting this thread...  I am so thankful that those who have posted are healing well and that the minor complications have been taken care so well.  Here's to happy healing!

I am 3 1/2 weeks out from TT and breast lift.  Feeling good but am draggin' my rear by the end of the day.  I just went back to work this week and it is kicking my butt!

Breast are healing nicely with minimal swelling.  PS used the dissolvable stitches but there are a few pieces that continue to poke through.  But I absolutely am in love with my tiny, tight girls!  After having large, pendulous breasts my entire life, I am loving these little babies and cant stop looking at them!  lol!

TT is healing as well but still have lots of fluid in the tissue and the swelling looks like I have a small baby bump.  I am trying not to get too disappointed that I can't see a flat tummy yet.  The skin is still 'puckered' where they took out the tummy drains but have started scar therapy with silicone strips and 'massaging' those puckered areas.   I do love my new belly button and not all the stretch marks were taken out.  The ones above the belly button are still there but now are below the belly button, I'm ok with that.  Doctor just advices patience, it will all come together.  It's nice to have a PS that is that confident in his skills, I guess?!?!

Round 2:  I just had my preop for arm lift scheduled for December 13.  It is hard to believe that just as I am starting to see progress on my healing, that I will start it all over again!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Most Active