can't sleep help...

faedra
on 3/26/13 6:15 pm - El Cajon, CA
2JP Drains On My Sides/Back, Had Excessive Skin Removed On Back. I CaN't Sleep On Side Due To Drains And Now My Back Is So Painful....What Do I Do??
Also Seem My Hunch Over Issue HaS Got Worse. need Advice Please...
presurgery weight loss for Kaiser  54 pounds         
HW 309            
Tess145
on 3/26/13 11:07 pm - Senatobia, MS

Are you staying ahead of your pain with the pain pills?  Have you tried adjusting different pillows around your body to "nest" it?  I am renting a recliner lift chair for my surgery, I did the first time and it really helped.  Did you get one of these?  I am so sorry that you are hurting.  Are you walking a lot during the day?  My surgeon told me to move around the house a good bit and to go to the mall and walk during the second week to help with the soreness.  I did not make the mall but did go to Walmart.  I am sending you a big "hug", hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

faedra
on 3/27/13 1:15 am - El Cajon, CA
I Think I NeEd TO Walk More. Go Through The Pain.
HW 309            
melizabeth
on 3/26/13 11:10 pm - CA

One of the girls on OH suggested taking Benadryl along with pain medication.  It really helped me sleep better.  I am still hunching when I get tired or it's time for Tylenol etc.  I wiened myself off the pain pills at 11 days post op because I wanted to drive.  I only take a pain pill at night.  However, you had more work done and I'm sure you will need the pain medication for a longer period of time.  If I didn't want to drive I would still be taking pain medication just so I didn't have the hunching issue and tightening/pain etc.   My new issue is spasms UGH! 

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

faedra
on 3/27/13 2:41 am - El Cajon, CA
I keep trying to lower my pain meds but maybe it is to fast
HW 309            
kathkeb
on 3/27/13 6:43 am

I lowered my pain meds by taking Benadryl with them ...it helped me sleep and extended the 

life of the pain med.

It was suggested by my surgeon and worked very well for me.

Kath

faedra
on 3/27/13 7:32 am - El Cajon, CA
How much benadryl? Just regular dosage?
HW 309            
kathkeb
on 3/28/13 2:23 pm

I took 1 (25 mg) with my day time pain meds and 2 at night

Kath

Amy Smith
on 3/27/13 11:01 am
Regular benedryll dose worked for me. I also had a really hard time sleeping which caused me to get really down. My ps gave me ambien which helped me sleep at night and at least I woke up feeling like I could handle the day rather than defeated from the start.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Most Active