Arm lift and breast lift pain and recovery

windchimes
on 5/7/13 9:54 am

I'm having a arm lift and breast lift with implants put in. I'm wondering how the recovery is and how painful it is. Can anyone give me any info please.

sweetummies
on 5/7/13 11:18 am

I had an arm lift and BL/BA five weeks ago, plus some other procedures.  Everyone heals differently, but I can say neither has been as painful as I thought it would be. 

The arms were sensitive along the incision and mostly at the elbows where the drains came out - even after the drains came out, that opening took a while to scab/heal.  And I definitely had to watch my range of motion, though, again, it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I initially wondered if I'd even be able to brush my hair, but yes, I was.  At about 10 days out I wasn't lifting my arms fully, but now I can.  And be sure not to lift if you don't need to - even carrying too much laundry too soon can hurt or make your arms swell.

As far as the breasts, my implants are over the muscle.  Initially, they were very sensitive to the touch, but now the only thing I notice is the tingling in the nipples as they heal. 

That's just my experience - I'm sure others will post with theirs.  Best of luck!

windchimes
on 5/8/13 12:36 am

Thank you for your response it is very helpful. I'm hoping the pain won't be as bad as I keep anticipating.

lovabutterfly
on 5/7/13 5:04 pm

My surgery date is May 20th so i will let you know how my pain is regarding my breasts.....not getting the arms done this time around  I'm getting really excited as i will be on my way in only 10 more sleeps woot woot for me lol. When is your surgery planned? Congrats on being one step closer to a new you! 

windchimes
on 5/8/13 12:43 am

I will be looking out for your post. Good luck and I know what you mean by being excited. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas to come...lol My surgery will be on May 30th. I wanted to have my tummy tuck too but I've had three abdominal surgeries since March 2012 so I can wait on having abdominal surgery for a few more years. I heard those are very painful so I'm not in any rush to do it. I can deal with my stomach but I could  not stand my saggy arms and breast anymore. I don't want to go another summer wearing long sleeve or 3/4 sleeves ugh. Finally sleeveless tops aww cant wait.

Most Active