Plastic Surgery and Kids - how to deal while healing??

muknanav
on 4/8/14 8:35 am - Erin, Canada

Hi there!

Just had my 2nd appointment with my plastic surgeon. I'm SO excited to have surgery (having the fleur-de-lis tummy tuck and my arms done in January 2015) but I'm getting nervous about how long I'll be out of commission since we have 2 young kids (they'll be 3 & 6).

Any comments on how long you really couldn't do anything or tips on how you managed would be greatly appreciated. My husband will be home for the first week and then the kids will be at school/daycare during the weekdays. Also, how long were you off?

Thanks in advance,

Anita 

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

emelar
on 4/8/14 11:11 am - TX

No kids here, but I'd say plan on 2 weeks of absolutely nothing - no driving, no trying to get kids dressed, no nothing.  You're going to have instructions not to lift for 4-6 weeks.  Basically, it's gonna be hard!  Get as much help as possible lined up and start preparing hubby to get him into the mindset that he's going to have to really be a single parent for awhile.  Hopefully, you'll have a simple recovery and be able to engage sooner versus later, but you should plan for the worse.

Most Active