PS but not at goal weight yet ...question

abrannume
on 5/15/14 12:34 am, edited 5/15/14 1:18 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

After two years, I never made it to my goal weight of 135.  I am currently at 150, but I am comfortable with my size, which is a size 10.  My question is, if I were to have abdominoplasty surgery and lost a few more pounds afterwards, would that hurt anything?

emelar
on 5/15/14 1:58 am - TX

Most docs will give a 20 lb plus or minus without hurting the result.  If you're comfortable where you are and you're maintaining at that weight, I'd say that you're at goal, even if you were hoping to go lower.

Crazeru
on 5/15/14 5:40 am

I had the DS and only lost 65lbs.  I'm 5'1" and made it down to 140.  After being weight stable there for 2 yrs I had my PS.  Depending on clothing I can wear 7/9 or 8/10s.  Mostly in medium tops after my breast lift.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/14 2:04 am

I tell my patients that they should be within 10 pounds of what they want their weight to be. If a person lost that or more weight after their surgery, they would possibly have more excess but I can usually remove that in a revision under local anesthetic in office operating room.

AZDee
on 6/7/14 6:59 am - Gilbert, AZ

A few pounds should not be a big deal, I know my Plastic Surgeon wants his patients to be at their desired weight since he is such a perfectionist. I have seen plenty of people who use, plastic surgery as a weight loss tool, having to go back several times for revisions.  Personally I don't have the stomach for all that surgery and healing time...I was in the normal weight category  when I had my resent surgery, but I know my surgeon said my thighs were still a little heavy...so you can't really go by the scale but more how you look... 

Most Active