Mexico Patients?

saletiajohnson
on 5/20/15 9:01 am - anchorage, AK

I am currently researching plastic surgeons in mexico. Could anyone give me the doctor they used, what they got done, and the price they paid? Thank you!!

HW:333 SW:309 (7/14/09) CW:135

Plastics In MEXICO on 09/07/2015.

Arm lift/ Thigh lift / breast lift w/ implants/ lower body lift

Kathy S.
on 5/20/15 11:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

Get in touch with Eggface's Profile she had PS in Mexico and was very happy with the results.  Also post this on the  Mexico Forum for more responses.

Good Luck

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Eggface
on 5/20/15 11:54 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:) Prices are really going to vary... dependant upon work you are having done, condition of what they are working with, level of difficulty... you can get a range for sure but don't be surprised when they aren't what you are quoted. I'll let others give you that info... as mine was 2007, 2008 and I'm assuming not as accurate. 

I went to Cosmed Dr. Quiroz went very well... happy with the results, the experience. I went back if that says anything :) I need more work done for sure... lost a bit more weight in arms so need a bit more nip & tuck... inner thighs but errr that particular surgery scares the beejeebees out of me... maybe one day. I had lower Body Lift (awesome, faintest scar), Breasts, Arms. I needed 2 stages with Breasts (very damaged skin) but the girls are pretty perky for a 43 year old. 

Best wishes with your research. It's not always the cheapest or most feasible option... some states are not as $$$ as others, factor travel, stay, etc. but it was a great option for me. P.S. I had RNY in Mexico too (different Dr of course, he was the one that gave me Dr. Q referral) and that was an great experience, so I had great trust in his rec.

It's of course best to have an on site consult but they will do it via photos. LOL don't get your phone hacked ;) or accidentally upload to Facebook haha.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

saletiajohnson
on 5/20/15 12:57 pm - anchorage, AK

LOL! I sent my photos to Dr.Q!! and of coarse, immediately deleted them!

Thanks for your response. I am getting my stomach done here in the states ( I hope, waiting for approval). But, I don't want to be with a nice tight stomach and then my arms and boobs the way they are. How was your arm recovery?

I am going to get quoted for a brachioplasty and breast aug w/ impants. Im 26 years old. I just want to look decent!

Eggface
on 5/22/15 11:25 am, edited 5/22/15 11:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Surprisingly arms hurt the most for me.. I heard they were the easiest but they were really uncomfortable until the drains were removed a few days post-op... everyone is different I guess. 

Breast... I had to do 2 stages which I knew going in but again I was 35 (when I had weight loss surgery) a lot of years on those girls... they were basically tube socks with tennis balls... they needed major work. Pain was manageable... here's the thing with plastics... they are dealing with a lot of nerves so you have a sort of constant manageable pain then every so often a stabbing knife pain... those are hideous, catch you by surprise ones... a few weeks of those randomly happening as nerves do there repair work, healing process... it's worth it.

I had a lot done at once... don't really recommend that... hard not having upper and lower body use at the same time. You are doing arms & breasts at once and panni stuff after or before... that is the best way and best for recovery too... it kicks your butt. Eat well... protein, water, vitamins and don't expect the same recovery as WLS... for most of us... WLS is way quicker and easier recovery.

Best wishes!!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

saletiajohnson
on 5/23/15 8:47 am - anchorage, AK

So, I just got off the phone with the doctor and he was so amazing and knowledgeable! He said exactly what the plastic surgeon told me here, which blew me away because he was just looking at pictures! Lol. I'm getting excited!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/23/15 11:55 pm

I have had two women from my WLS support group who went with Dr Quiroz and both were very unhappy with their results.  The lines were not straight and one was just horrible.  One of the women, almost died in the hotel post op.  He didn't respond when she kept calling him and she was bleeding internally.  I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, I know.  There was a former patient of his on here who used to post about her near death experience after having a LBL, but i haven't seen her post for a long time.

Be very careful with whomever you choose.  Make sure they have aftercare that is included in your price and aftercare that is more than just sending you in a taxi, alone to a hotel, post op.

I went with Dr Sauceda and have been back to get more done.  His aftercare is amazing and your safety is his first priority.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

saletiajohnson
on 5/24/15 10:42 am - anchorage, AK

Thank you for your response! I am doing tons of research right now. I'm planing on making this drastic change at some point next year and have heard and read nothing but infertile things about him. So, is the hotel included in his price? I will be having a very long flight home and am a little worried! I might want to stay 3 weeks.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 5/24/15 12:35 pm

If your surgery cost is greater than $7K, Sauceda pays your hotel for the 12 days he requires. Some stay longer and pay the extra. It's vital that whomever you chose, you have aftercare at home set up with your pcp. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

A_Whole_New_Me
on 5/21/15 8:59 pm

I highly recommend Dr Francisco Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico.

Five weeks ago today, I had an arm lift, upper body lift, breast lift and augmentation. Four days later, I had a neck/lower face lift and lower eyes.

His workmanship is extraordinary. His wife is the anesthesiologist. Both are incredibly talented and kind doctors. They use twilight sedation and an epidural which left me feeling great and pain free (who would have thought that was possible immediately after surgery!).

I was there for 12 days in total – 5 nights in the clinic (small hospital) and 6 nights at the Hampton Inn (a block away from the clinic).

From the time his driver picked me up at the airport, I felt well taken care of.

Once I was discharged to the hotel his angelic nurse, Paty, visited me daily to treat my incisions, do my dressing changes and squeeze me back into my compression garments. She also removed my drains and facial sutures before I headed for home. Dr S also came by to see me each day while I was at the hotel. He was available by phone while I was there, and he has been very responsive when I’ve emailed him since coming home.

The hotel is in great location with an Applebee’s, Starbucks, McDonald’s and a small mall with an HEB (Texas grocery store) and movie theatre within 100 yards. The hotel staff are kind and helpful; it also features a breakfast buffet each morning.

There is a OH group dedicated to Dr Sauceda’s patients whi*****ludes a number of photos: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discuss ion/

We also have an active Facebook group of amazing, supportive patients/former patients.

Each person’s situation is unique, so I would suggest that you send photos to Dr S for his recommendations and a quote. His email address is [email protected]. There are prices listed on his website but generally the costs are reduced as procedures are combined. And, if the cost of your procedures total more than $7,000, he gives a credit of up to $600 towards airfare.

Good luck with your decision,

Tricia

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." ~ Maya Angelou

Most Active