liposuction

Northstar
on 6/5/15 4:03 pm - Struthers, OH

I had liposuction 8 days ago.  I've been wearing a compression garment 24/7 except to shower and was the thing. It's killing me. I think it's too tight. Can I switch to a different garment?

At last I have found freedom
TT/BL   4/14/07
BA/ Brachioplasty   11/22/07
LBL   4/21/08
Thigh Lift w/ lipo  11/17/08
Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/6/15 12:38 am

Especially with Liposuction, you need a very snug garment.  You're probably swelling.  Ask your surgeon if you can switch to a bigger garment.  I had Lipo and found it to be the only procedure out of 9 skin removal procedures that hurt.  You really do want the compression because it helps things heal properly and your result will be must better.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

David147
on 7/31/15 3:53 am

It's not about the number of times the surgeon has done it but the results that matter. Did you get to see pictures of patients he/she has done? Were you able to talk to a former patient who has had the procedure done? Secondly, who will your anesthesiologist be and what are his/her credentials? In the event that you do not see the results you want (let's say your stomach is uneven), how will the doctor handle that situation? How comfortable do you feel with the doctor? 

What is really important to remember is that you cannot substitute liposuction for a healthy lifestyle. If you do not eat well and exercise, you can continue to gain weight. Also keep in mind that it takes MONTHS for the final results of liposuction to be revealed. Even though the fat is taken out, the skin needs time to tighten. BUT liposuction can produce amazing results. The most painful surgeries are under the muscle breast augmentation and tummy tucks NOT liposuction. You'll be given plenty of pain meds to cover that. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 7/31/15 8:05 am

I disagree. My muscle work with my TT was not painful. It was like I had done a lot of ab crunches but bearable. My liposuction was very painful. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Jennifer K.
on 6/8/15 12:13 pm - Phoenix , AZ

Call the surgeon and see if you can cut it a little for some relief. They may allow it :-)

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Most Active