pics question

ICG63
on 3/11/16 6:08 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

I  just deleted a lot of pics as requested by the site. I guess I am surprised that nipples need to be covered. This is after all a site about plastic surgeries. Breasts and nipples change, scar heal etc. after surgery, and I think it's helpful for folks debating whether they want these procedures to see all. 

Do you think so?

NYMom222
on 3/11/16 7:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I know some people put them in private albums...not sure if that makes a difference. I know seeing people's pics helped me. I had surgery 10 days ago but haven't posted because I don't know how to cover the private parts.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ICG63
on 3/12/16 7:42 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I can work in photoshop, so can do the cover ups, but it's a project! I don't know how people can do it without access to graphics programs. I guess you have to take pictures with pasties on! But who wants to stick anything extra on the sensitive areas!! It's definitely a conundrum.

NYMom222
on 3/12/16 9:11 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Well, funny story...Once I was in my regular room after surgery, the Surgeon came in and undid my binder to check things. From my vantage point I couldn't see anything, so I told my girlfriend to take a picture. The Surgeon quick threw a large guaze pad over my privates and said "So this way you can tweet it."   Hahahahaha... like I would ever tweet it. Although I have shown the pics to friends so I am glad he did it. My stomach looks so awesome in this pic because the swelling hadn't started, I am hoping that is what it goes back to.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ICG63
on 3/12/16 11:03 am
Revision on 10/31/13

That's funny. Definitely good to have pics along the stages of healing. Helpful for others, but for me, helpful to see how far I've come. I'm sure your stomach will be awesome!!

Isha F.
on 3/11/16 10:21 pm

Yes, I think it helps a ton, it's one of my main questions and concerns.  

Isha - I lost 235 pounds EATING NORMAL!  Saavy? Click on my name to find out why I chose the Duodenal Switch Surgery instead. 

isha.jpg picture by leaannjohnson
 Captain Hook: [to Wendy] Didst thou ever want to be a pirate? 

SoulLips
on 3/15/16 8:32 pm - Cloverdale, CA

I definitely think it's helpful to see unedited pictures.  With many of the surgeries people are considering, they are also wanting to know the details of how things are healing.  Personally, when it comes to having breast augmentation, I'd want to see that another person's nipples weren't destroyed in the process (likewise, I want to know if someone ended up with their nipples not lining up correctly).  The entire reason people consider plastic surgery is to "fix" the details of how they look.

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

ICG63
on 3/16/16 10:04 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Exactly SoulLips! :-)

breathemusic
on 3/17/16 8:04 am

I think if they're in private albums you don't have to cover anything. And you can also mark the photo as "adult content".  People then just have to friend request you to see anything.  I also think it's frustrating that they get so picky about that on a plastic surgery site. Seriously!!  I found seeing pics very helpful and was a deciding factor in me picking what doctors I wanted to consult with and what procedures I wanted to have done.

ICG63
on 3/17/16 8:12 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I thought I had marked things "adult content". I guess I didn't want to make it all private. The more pics the better, as far as comparison and info goes, so making it as open as possible seemed to make the most sense. I too found pics the most helpful when it came to deciding what to do, and with whom to do it :-)

Most Active