8 week update from body lift, arms, flank(side boob) and breast lift with Dr. Capella.

ICG63
on 3/23/16 11:27 am
Revision on 10/31/13

I just posted some pics from today of an 8 week update. Trying to encourage myself! I've really crashed, mood-wise. Feeling very low. This is a lot to process--for me anyway--after a lifetime of being heavier. And, I have to say, as a woman, I've never had "perky" breasts, so this has been a dream come true. That said, having done it, it is just as easy to continue down the road of disliking the rest of your flaws, if that tends to be your thing! I sure hope this is temporary! 

grayC
on 3/23/16 11:44 am, edited 3/23/16 4:45 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Hi! 

You really are looking great!

I could have written this post myself, 

I was very,very depressed for a LOOONNGGGG time

after surgery, and I have come to discover it's very common

although, this really doesn't help when your in the midst of it..

My arms are still a P.I.T.A and swollen!!!!

I can't get a shirt I've  had since VSG surgery that's a 3/4 sleeve, 

On comfortably,

it's like sausage casing on my arms, very ANNOYING!!

both your LBL lift, and arm scars look better than mine!!!

I'm gonna chalk that up to my pastey, 1/2 German side (LOL)

my arm scars decided to get really angry looking about 2 weeks ago, 

hey, as long as they decide to calm down by the time I need to wear 

short sleeve or sleeveless!

I wanna show off those EXPENSIVE GUNS!

anywho, feel better, it's gonna take some time to climb outta

the funk, but you will..

ICG63
on 3/23/16 12:10 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks so much grayC. It really helps to hear you have a similar story. Though I'm sorry you do :-( Sausage casing is the perfect description! I'm half pasty German too, sometimes the scars look angry red, sometimes not. Like a (bad)mood ring!

I can barely get out of bed. Today though, changed my sheets and before I collapse in them, will step outside. Rumor has it that it's warm out. Which reminds me of another complaint that may or may not be related to all this healing---I'm cold all the time!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/16 5:29 pm

check you iron - ferritin. 

After my LBL- my ferritin dropped to 10-11... and that caused a lot of anemia like symptoms..

I was miserable...very depressed... oral iron only hurt my gut, but it was not helping with my iron ...

eventually, over a year later I finally was able to see hematologist who ordered iron infusions... that really made a HUGE difference..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ICG63
on 3/23/16 5:55 pm
Revision on 10/31/13

Thank you H.a.l.a. B., Dr. Capella actually gave me a script to get my iron checked and I've been too tired to do it. LOL. Will do it. That would make sense! Glad you found help! Thanks again :-)

NYMom222
on 3/23/16 6:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Dr. Michaels told me to start taking some extra iron after surgery, I just started like a week ago... your scars are coming along nicely.... I haven't posted pics because I don't know how to do the strategic covering of body parts on photos...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

breathemusic
on 3/24/16 5:59 am

Your arm scars look amazing and soooo light in those pics!!  I wish mine were that light!  It sucks that some spots have been more of a challenge than others, but it looks like you're really coming along.  I remember one of the things I had to remind myself was how little time it had realistically been since major surgery.  I'd be lamenting about how my arm range of motion wasn't back to normal yet, or my scars were still angry and red, and then think "oh, right, you're still only 6 weeks out from surgery!"  Even now, I'm really only a little over 3 months out, which isn't all that long!  We're all impatient to be at that point where we can claim "done."

Cindy Cooney
on 3/25/16 6:17 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Thank you.  Dr. Capella will be doing my LBL this July.  I can only afford that right now.  Next year he can do the upper body lift.  You look amazing and I love the look of your arms.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

ICG63
on 3/25/16 11:00 am
Revision on 10/31/13

Thanks so much Cindy. You are in good hands with Dr. Capella. In addition to his good work and reputation, I am comforted to know that if my scars (in the back) don't heal the way I want, he will fix them. Best of luck to you.

peeches35
on 4/17/16 12:38 pm
VSG on 04/03/12

than you so much for sharing get better soon

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Most Active