Panniculectomy

NormaM
on 12/24/18 9:03 am

Hello all out there. Im not sure my questions can be answered here but thought i would give it a go. I am a 40 year old mom of 3. My children are grown and are 13, 16 & 23. While i was pregnant i gained a LOT of weight. This has left me with the panni. I have been to consultations for a tummy tuck and they always tell me i have to loose a bunch of weight. The thing is, when i loose all the weight i also loose my breasts and buttocks which my husband currently loves , and i feel i look 15 years older which i do not love. I currently weigh 171 lbs and am actually happy with how i look aside from my panni. Is there anyone out there who knows if i would be a candidate for a panniculectomy? Would i have to loose more weight? Has anyone out there had a panniculectomy for the same reason? Can u share your results please? Thx so much for listening

Gwen M.
on 12/24/18 6:41 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm a bit confused. Do you just have excess skin at your panniculous? Or do you have skin + fat?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/17/19 12:59 pm

A traditional pannulectomy can be very disfiguring. It's literally just cutting off the hanging skin below the belly button. I have seen some that were hideous. Does your mons pubis hang down too, I realize you're unhappy with your stomach but my question is, what is your current BMI? If it's 35 or less, you should be able to find a ps who will do a full TT. If it's higher, I advise not doing anything - the risk of having post complications is very high

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 2/3/19 3:44 pm - CT

Hi Norma - I had a panni while still overweight because I needed a hip replacement and the surgeon was afraid my hanging stomach would pose infection problems. Now my stomach from the waist down is totally flat BUT it looks somewhat odd because I still have skin/fat above the waist. I camouflage with clothing but I thinks it's better to do it at goal weight.

Kathy W.
on 4/27/19 10:14 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with

I weigh 225 and just had my consult to have skin removed. He is going to remove a lot of skin from below my breast down to my stomach. I gained a total of 40 pounds back from my low. But have maintained this weight for 5 years.

I shall now be know as Hagatha: Queen of the queens.

Baby 7-09

Xavier Elliott born 10-5-10

Most Active