Neck lift... recovery time?

LindyLin
on 2/20/19 1:13 pm

I have enjoyed reading many previous posts about neck lifts- thanks to everyone who has posted!

I'm 8 months out from RNY, and have been at my stable goal weight for about 2 months. My neck is a mess and doesn't appear to be "bouncing back." I'm almost 38 and I think those bouncing back days are over.

I have a few consultations coming up to talk to plastic surgeons about a TT, breast lift (for the future), and a neck lift.

My question is about travel... if I were to have the neck lift in June, I would be traveling about 3 weeks later. I understand that there may be some residual bruising at the point, but I'm more worried about pain and being able to travel comfortably. It would be 9 hour flights, back and forth.

Thanks for any help you can pass along :)

HW: 286

SW: 264

CW: 163

RNY on 7/10/18 with Dr. K. Vaziri, Washington DC

Extended TT, Breast Lift, and Lipo with Fat Transfer to Buttocks on 7/24/19 with Dr. Joseph Michaels

Lower face and neck lift, 7/27/20, Dr. Henry Sandel

Kelly M.
on 2/21/19 4:38 pm - TX

I read a lot about others pain, I hardly had any pain and had lower face and neck lift Nov 5, 2018. I know every one is different but I was numb still am.

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/19 5:46 am

Hello,

I think you will be able to travel since you can return to work after neck lift after two weeks.

Most Active