Breast lift and augmentation

Brandi Girl
on 4/4/19 4:54 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Was hoping to get others opinions about getting a breast lift with augmentation when you are still about 30 pounds from goal weight? Could any of you tell me if they know how it might effect my results? I do have consultations scheduled but want as many REAL opinions as possible because I will only be having ONE surgery and want the best possible outcome I can get. I don't want to spend this kind of money and not feel like it was worth it!!! At the same time, I would LOVE to get the surgery now as it is a HUGE motivation for me to get back on track with my program. I am over 7 years out from my surgery and have some regain.

Any thoughts, opinions and MOST importantly, experience on this is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

Gwen M.
on 4/4/19 5:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I had all my reconstructive surgeries prior to reaching my goal and I still haven't gotten there. I have lost weight since the surgeries and I haven't noticed any negative impact.

The things I kept in mind were these:

1: I knew that I might need to have follow-up surgery when I did reach my goal and I accepted that risk. I figure any subsequent surgery would be easier because the majority of the work would have already been done.

2: I know that more weight loss might degrade my results. This is also a risk I accepted because I had my reconstructive surgeries in order to be able to do all the things I wanted to be able to do. If any degradation did happen with further weight loss, further surgery would be for purely cosmetic reasons and not for functionality reasons.

So.. in your case, you're saying that you'll only ever have one surgery. I knew that I might need to revise someday down the road and I accepted that. If you do the surgery now and don't leave yourself the option to revise, I can see that this might also cause you never reach your goal because you won't want to risk your investment in the surgery.

Perhaps instead of hoping having the surgery will motivate you to reach your goal afterward, you should, instead, use the promise of surgery as motivation to reach your goal BEFORE surgery?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Brandi Girl
on 4/4/19 6:18 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I ABSOLUTELY agree it is already an incentive to reach and maintain goal!!! And will probably wait until I have reached and held goal weight for several months before I get the surgery. But my impatient mind would just love to think having the surgery at this point would make losing easier on me mentally as I get some IMMEDIATE results.

Thank you for your comments it always helps to hear others thoughts and experiences on matters this important!

Adun
on 5/21/19 11:28 am

I have never had a lift but I have had an augmentation. When the PS does the lift, they cut out excess tissue to be able to sew things into a higher position. Then, depending on the type of implant, will go with the size that will give you what you are looking for while keeping the space tight enough for no wrinkles in the implants. If you lose weight after the surgery, and tend to lose weight in your breasts, it may cause you to be able to feel the implant through the skin on the outer edges. My plastic surgeon told me it was ideal to lose the weight before the surgery as to get the best results. Hope this helps!

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/19 5:49 am

Hello,

It is pretty good to think about changing your appearance in order to boost your self-confidence. I believe that you should have a diet that matches your case. Then, you can have any plastic surgery.

Most Active