How old would be considered too old to have any plastics?

psren13
on 6/29/19 10:57 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I had my VSG in 2015..never got down below 172 which I think my body although on the short side is comfortable at. I was 65 yo at the time. What would be the chances of some plastics at my age? I have a terrible "apron" that gets rashes and smelly under belly and breasts...have those flaps that keep waving bye in upper arms.. At my age, the elastin and collagen are depleted and I know that the skin won't bounce back on its own.. Health is pretty good so that wouldn't be a negative factor. Any suggestions other than shapewear??

Au_Contraire
on 6/29/19 2:02 pm

I am 65 and absolutely intend to have the full Monte of plastics! From what I understand, as long as you are healthy, your age isn't too much of an issue.

jmk187
on 6/30/19 7:15 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

I agree with what someone said about age not being a factor in plastic surgery..Ive seen many people on TV who are older get plastic surgery. The biggest reason why people seem to be denied a surgery is because they have had too many done.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

White Dove
on 6/30/19 9:12 pm - Warren, OH

Weight loss surgery gave me back my health, plastic surgery gave me back my self-esteem.
You will be so glad you did it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/19 4:55 am

So you are 70 now? I would definitely do it if I were you, but you will need to check with plastic surgeons in your area to see if your age is a factor for them.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/5/19 3:50 pm, edited 7/5/19 8:50 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Never is too old. I was 58-59, but your surgeon will tell you, as they would with a person of any age, if you are healthy enough to endure the surgery. Please remember that plastic surgeries can be much longer than the WLS. Up to 8 hours, so that is another consideration with age. I would suggest getting a consult with a PS that charges low or no initial fee.

Before you go, I suggest taking some pics of yourself, nude without the head. That way it is easier to view your body objectively and see what really bothers you the most. I suggest that you consider correcting what bothers you the most first, because you might be one and done, so take care of what bothers you the most first.

You want to be in the best position to discuss outcomes with the surgeon.

Sharon

catwoman7
on 7/10/19 4:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had it at 58/59, which granted is lower than 70, but I still thought about the same kinds of things before taking the plunge. I knew I was healthy enough for it (I had two surgeries - each about six hours long), but I wondered if it was worth getting all that at my age - esp since I was likely to be the only one who noticed the results (well, other than my husband and my doctor). I can say now that I'm really glad I did it. It's so wonderful to look in the mirror and see a normal-looking body for once!!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/12/19 5:18 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Even if YOU were the only person that noticed it, the PS would be worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

hollykim
on 7/9/19 6:29 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 29, 2019 at 5:57 PM Pacific Time, psren13 wrote:

I had my VSG in 2015..never got down below 172 which I think my body although on the short side is comfortable at. I was 65 yo at the time. What would be the chances of some plastics at my age? I have a terrible "apron" that gets rashes and smelly under belly and breasts...have those flaps that keep waving bye in upper arms.. At my age, the elastin and collagen are depleted and I know that the skin won't bounce back on its own.. Health is pretty good so that wouldn't be a negative factor. Any suggestions other than shapewear??

too old would be when one is dead. :)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/12/19 5:21 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Even on younger people, skin "bounce back" is grossly over rated. So, If you were overweight for any appreciable time, you are most likely looking at PS.

Sharon

Most Active