Abdominoplasty and panniculectomy

SwedishBlonde79
on 7/24/21 3:27 am

Insurance approved me and I go August 11. Cannot wait to get the skin off my abdomen. I workout all the time and have abs under there!

Dfaye26
on 7/26/21 10:55 am - Sanford, NC

How could I have insurance cover for me as well? I have United health care plan. & congratulations. That's exciting.

SwedishBlonde79
on 10/14/21 6:37 pm

Thank you hun I'm almost 2 months post op. My surgery was moved to 08/18 from 08/11. You need to start a paper trail with your pcp for rashes. Mine wrote up a letter and so did my surgeon. He did Abdominoplasty panniculectomy with muscle plication instead of Fluer de Lis and I'm so pleased

DiaOli
on 11/12/21 10:07 pm

Congratulations! May I ask what insurance company covered it please? What state are you in? It also sounds like he/she did a tumy tuck? I have horrible rashes andeverything associated with it I am sure you know what I mean. I have been complaining for at least 8 years. Its all on paper. She keeps prescribing me cream to help aleviate the rash but it is only temporary. Its awful to say the least. Are your rashes gone completey? how was the recovery time if you dont mind me asking?

Kat_lhp
on 6/21/22 6:03 am

I have BCBS of Kansas City and they are picky. But they are going to even remove the excess skin on my breast. I don't qualify for a reduction because it's skin and there's not enough tissue to leave me with much for boobs. But after they do the panniculectomy (once all vitamin levels are normal) they have to fix a hernia and remove scar tissue so that's how I qualify for the Abdominoplasty and due to all the scar tissue (which I can fill the bands) there's only one way to go in. I'm excited to get it off but scared. And my war wound (c-section scar that's vertical and later where they did my hysterectomy) will be gone. My 2nd Cesarean was a nightmare and opened 3/4 of the way. And I hemorrhaged during the section after they pulled my son out and I had to be put to sleep immediately. I hope everyone gets the surgery they need. It's a shame that some of these procedures are considered cosmetic. I wonder if they have ever heard the term "body dysmorphia"?

Kat

Most Active