New to forum

heathe923
on 4/7/11 7:13 am - Mendon, MI
Just wanted to introduce myself, I have been a "stalker" on this forum for a while now, ever since surgery really, I could not wait to be a part of it!

Next week will be my 1 yr. anniversary, and we are officially starting to TTC. We had tried for 5 years with no luck before the surgery, and then my OB suggested the surgery to help with all of my PCOS symptoms and she told me that she would garauntee me a pregnancy after the surgery - so  it was an easy decision to make!

I am hoping that we will be successful in TTC fairly soon, however I am not confident after being infertile for so many years. I would love a big family, but am worried that I am getting too old for that to happen.

I was wondering if taking Metformin with Clomid will help increase our fertility at all?

I have not take Met since surgery, but I have read some posts that say it helps.

Looking forward to continue reading all of the posts and information that you all share here!

Heather

tyana72
on 4/7/11 10:39 am - Australia
hi there heather,
not sure about the metformin question but i just wanted to say welcome and good luck. much sticky baby dust to you
tanya

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

hockeybabe2u
on 4/7/11 10:59 am - Allegan, MI

I have no experience with Metformin with Clomid, but wanted to say welcome to the board and best wishes to you and a BFP in the very near future!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

lesliejayne
on 4/7/11 12:07 pm - Noxapater, MS
If your problem is that you don't ovulate, that's what Clomid is for.  Some people with PCOS require the Metformin along with the Clomid to cause ovulation.  We tried for 8 years on our own; then I lost 90 lbs (still have alot more to go), the dr put me on Clomid.....5 cycles later I was pregnant.
Leslie

Nikki M.
on 4/7/11 2:03 pm
Hi Heather! Congrats!
I also have PCOS... after my revision my cycles regulated somewhat... I went from having 1-2 per year to having 40-60 long cycles. I went back on metformin 2 months ago and this month I ovulated on time! I am on track for a 31 day cycle! So in my experience, surgery and weight loss helped more than anything, but the met still helps a lot. The met wasn't working on its own before I lost weight. So I feel pretty good about what I've achieved so far! My goal is to lose about 60 more pounds!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Kerri B.
on 4/7/11 10:40 pm
I'm another one who knows nothing about the Clomid and Met, but I wanted to say welcome to the board and wish you the very best of luck in your journey of TTC. I like you had PCOS and had major infertility issues. I went about life normally, no fertility drugs due to lack of insurance and funds, and hey what do you know?? a BFP!!! Was quite a shock and I'm now the proud Mommy (4 years post op RNY) of a beautiful healthy 6 week old baby boy. Have faith and stay strong!! It can be a struggle, but don't give up and keep pushing forward. And the ladies here are pretty great with advice and info, so don't be afraid to ask a million questions, vent ur frustrations, or just look for support! :)

Best of luck and hoping for that BFP very soon!! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1339 views