what exercise are you doing?

chickie_mama
on 4/20/11 10:13 pm
RNY on 08/18/09 with
during your pregnancy what exercises will you cut out / or start? when i had the surgery i was walking and doing aerobics along with lots of house work.  when  i got to goal i stopped except for the house work and managed to maintain at that.  now that i am expecting, i plan to go back to walking a mile a day along with house work to keep my weight gain in a 25 -30 pound range.

Dee~cee

LolliPop MO
on 4/21/11 3:33 am
 I started doing yoga after my OB pulled me off cardio due to right hip pain.  I am really beginning to like it but i don't burn much doing it.  I'm also still using my Wii Fit.  

Prior to the OB removing me from cardio, I was doing 45 min of cardio 4-5 days a week.  Either the treadmill or elliptical.  

PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/21/11 5:32 am
I mainly walk. I attempted to do my Yoga dvd when I was about 7 months and I almost died. Maybe if i had been doing it all along it would have been better.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 9:53 am
The first trimester I pretty much sat on the couch and freaked out.  I was terrified to lose the baby.  Second trimester I walked 6-7 miles a week and did Bikram yoga 4 times a week.  I went for the last time yesterday -- the yoga studio owner was like 39 weeks?  Take your business elsewhere, lady!

I am ready to have this baby already.
Ralph Z.
on 4/21/11 12:22 pm
Hi Dee

Going back to walking a mile sounds good.  - the thing I've gleaned most re: exercise -  is to never try and up your exercise regime. stay low impact (like walking) and don't try and do more than you've been used to.
I do tend to do 5 hours a week of weight classes/ zumba and low impact turbo kick. Sometimes I have the energy and go for it and feel good, other days I go slower, maybe skip a day - I just listen to my body.

Becky

mzicuis
on 4/22/11 12:40 pm
I had started a Combat Fitness/Self Defense class last may adn got pregnant by surprise in july..my OB told me since I was already doing it, I could continue..I ahd to watch my heart rate and of coarse could not do jumping much so I altered everything...I did it up to my last 3 weeks of pregnancy since my blood pressure increased...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1276 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views