RNY'ers...what are you eating

Rhie P.
on 7/21/11 3:44 am
I am struggling to eat!!  Didn't have this problem before....but now.....I feel SICK all the time (which I know is pregnancy related)....I'm hungry, but with almost everything I put in my mouth brings on the dry heaves (oh the food aversions are terrible).....Only two things I seem to tolerate are apple sauce and animal crackers (which have NO protein)....and unsweet iced tea.....everything else - BARF....a few times I can eat....but it's like once I eat it....I can't eat it again.  I was craving salad like something fierce a few days ago...had a salad, got full from the salad and now...just the thought of salad....bring on the dry heaves!!

It's much harder to eat in the mornings then through out the day....but even then...once I eat (anything)....I start to feel sick.

And the tiredness....I don't remember NEEDING to take a nap during my first three pregnancies!!

Rhie

apryldee
on 7/21/11 11:51 am, edited 7/20/11 11:53 pm - houston, TX
When I was pregnant with Hazel I had the hardest time eating. Her weight at birth would tell anyone that she was only 5lbs 1oz. If u can eat your calories try drinking them. Protein shakes, juice. something. I also dont know if you have tried pb and crackers that was my biggest life savor when I couldnt get meat protein down. I hope I helped a little. If all else fails ask your ob or your surgen or nut for idieas. also if u haven had iron levels checked get them checked that could cause tiredness.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

linda.traxler
on 7/21/11 7:04 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Ohhhh I wish I had some good advice for you!  I'm feeling the same right now.  How far along are you?  It's all I can do the last days to put anything in my mouth.  Just the idea of eating makes me sick.  It's almost noon... I've managed 3 tiny pretzels and that's it!  : (

I think the other poster is right.  drink the protein.  I'm going to pull out my protein powder, I think. 

Good luck!
Linda
boomsheeka01
on 7/22/11 12:00 am - Killeen, TX
Oooh girl I STILL have food aversions from HELL!!!   I hate them so much! My biggest and worst is chicken....anything with the thought of chicken makes me so nauseous!!! Its crazy! But I am the same way about really craving something and then the next day the thought of it makes me sick. I was JUST telling my husband last night that the thought of ice cream turns my stomach, when just last week I couldnt get enough of the stuff!! Sigh.... 5 more months and I'll have my love in my arms and hopefully my taste buds back in order!!
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Chena83
on 7/22/11 1:01 am - Clarksville, IN
How far along are you? I know at first it was hard to eat. I actually lost 50lbs and I had already stopped losing weight at that time. Last month was my 1st month eating. I am actually getting hungry now. I have gained my 1st lb. I did my happy dance, and the lady said "yeah but you are still down 49". I told her I was happy that I gained. I am back to eating small meals not and Gem'maica is growing well. Wishing the best for you 2!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

crystal dewdrops
on 7/22/11 10:31 am - Australia
Hi

I didn't have the same op as you but I do have the eating problems still at over 35weeks .

I drink my cals and stuff. I have a really hard time in the mornings but as the day goes on I start to get better and I can eat a good little meal at dinner time and then a snack of icecream later in the night. I have gained 4lbs so far but if I have a busy week I can lose upto 11lbs.

Hopefully things will settle down for you really soon.

Best wishes
Crystal
SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

Rhie P.
on 7/23/11 3:19 am
I'm right around 7/8ish weeks....I just don't remember it being like this - being nausous ALL.THE.TIME......I know morning/all day sickness is a common thing...but it is it worse because of my new stomach?

I had really bad morning sickness when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I learned very quickly that the sooner I threw up, the sooner I felt better.....but now I have a VERY hard time actually throwing up.....drive heaving...got that down pat....

Brutal!!

Rhie

crystal dewdrops
on 7/23/11 1:08 pm - Australia
Hi

I agree with the sooner you throw up the better. I also found that I still have the same amount of bile in my tummy with it being smaller as I did with having all of my tummy. I think what  makes it harder is with me anyway. With having half of my new tummy full of stomach acid I couldn't eat anything to help settle it until I was sick, where as when I had a complete stomach I could fit in food and drink in to make myself feel better. If that makes sense.

I'm still really funny about food and I also find it hard to find foods that are ok to eat while pregnant that I would normally eat before that would give me my protein that I needed.

I can't wait to eat 1/2 of a nice cold ham sandwich.

Best wishes
Crystal
SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test