I'm going to take matters into my own hands....bowels...

Rhie P.
on 8/10/11 4:59 am
My bowels have gone to sleep.....lights out!!  I'm going on day 8 (TMI...I know) without a BM....I've been eating like a horse....so I know that food is stuck in there somewhere.  Enough is enough!!  I went to the store and I bought some glycerion suppositories, exlax "gentle" (not sure how GENTLE a laxitive is going to be...lol...), some fibercon and then some prep H to round it all out.....come hell or high water I am going to poop in the next 12 hours so help me God!!!!

Rhie

sjburt1
on 8/10/11 6:34 am
Now THAT'S determination!!! Good luck!!!!
Stephanie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Tami P.
on 8/10/11 8:52 am
Bless your heart! 8 days, wow! Just went 4 days here. I have never felt such relief as when I took a poop last night. When I weighed myself the next morning, I had lost almost 4 lb.!!! Good luck!
linda.traxler
on 8/11/11 3:30 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Of course, you can take a comical view... If anyone tells you you're full of s***... you can tell them yeah!  8 days worth of it!

All joking aside, I hope the glycerin supp. work well, if not...  call your doc....  you don't want to take a risk becoming obstructed!!

Best!
Linda
EstherStar
on 8/11/11 4:38 am
Oh my word you are funny!! I hope all goes as planned! stay near a bathroom, and take good reading material in with you cause I have a feeling you'll be in there for quite some time!
furiosmommy
on 8/11/11 9:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm so glad I'm not the only one in this position. I've had constipation issues every since my VSG, but nothing like the last few days. After a few days of colace, apple juice and lots of crying on the toilet I think things are improving a little bit. I hope to do for you too! I think next time I'm at the store i'll pick up some glycerine too just incase this happens again. It's been about 8 days for me too, so not fun! I think when I see my OB next week I'll ask about taking a stool softener every day or every other day just to ensure this doesn't happen again.

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

Rhie P.
on 8/12/11 1:34 am
The FiberCon tablets (I take 2) seems to be doing the trick....but I've now got my arsenol should I need it!!  7 more months of this....no can do!!

Rhie

Braven05
on 8/12/11 4:08 am - Syracuse, NY
Good luck with that...I had horrible constipation for quite some time.  Glycerin suppositories did nothing for me.  At my worst I had a "blockage" in there like a giant plug that I couldn't get out and I had to give myself an enema and it was horrible.  I'm so glad I'm past that point...it wasn't pleasant.  Ask your doctor about taking Miralax regularly...it helped for me...I'd take half a dose every other day and it kept me going.  Nothing else worked for me...good luck! 
342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
Jade ..
on 8/13/11 5:40 am - GA
 I take a stool softener 3x a day (1 morning, 1 lunch and 2 after dinner) and then do miralax every night just before bed.  It's been a pain in the ass (literally) but it's keeping me moving right now and that's all that matters.  that and LOTS of fluids.
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1274 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 875 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views