8.5 months later, I still can't get birth control!

Chickenboob
on 10/16/11 1:05 am, edited 10/16/11 1:06 am - Rockland, Canada
And so the saga continues, my WLN referred me to the local women's clinic 6 weeks ago because I have been asking everyone I have seen along the journey over the last 8.5 months for birth control. There has always been some reason that I can't get it. (BTW I am reacting severely to condoms and spermicides, so although I am using them right now, I won't be able to keep it up). After taking my history, WLN decided (with me) that Mirena would probably be the best choice. Ugh, I have been on it, hated it, but I am willing to give it another go.

So off goes my referral. i called the clinic two weeks ago to make sure my file arrived. I was assured it had and the doctor would look at it that day and I would hear back from the office the following week. Yay...or so I thought. I called on Friday, because I hadn't heard back. The receptionist couldn't find my file. I told her about my previous call and that I KNEW it was there. At length, she found it. I had been put in the menopause group (WTF?) and the DR still hadn't triaged my case. I was assured the dr would look at it that day and I would hear back this week coming.

When I asked how long the wait to get in was, she told me becaus eI was just looking for birth control that I wasn't a priority and they are intaking for November 2012. I would meet with the Dr. and if I was deemed worthy, I would receive a prescription and a follow up appointment 3 months later. I just about went beserk (in my head, not at the receptionist). Really? I am looking at 16 months? What's the point then? sad state of affairs when you can get a RNY way faster than birth control.

I am ready to let my shakey parkinsons-suffering GP put it in....that can't POSSIBLY end badly!

So I guess the only other option at this point is to not worry and go ahead and get knocked up...LOL!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

hockeybabe2u
on 10/16/11 11:16 am - Allegan, MI
Wow, Glad I live in the USA where you can get birth control very easy. Sorry to hear your having such problems!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1261 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views