ENS Multivitamin Drink Mixes VS. Prenatal Vitamins??

funeebonez
on 12/1/11 1:51 am - Logan, UT

I was just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question?

I am about 9 weeks pregnant and about 26 months post op RNY. If I were taking the ENS Vitamin drink mixes, the protein shake or the water drink mixes that include your vitamins for the day and calcium, do I still need to take my One A Day Prenatal vitamin on top of that?

My doc and nut said that I only need to take a prenatal once a day and that should be fine. Of course I am supplementing with at least my 1200 mg of calcium citrate on top of that and my sublingual B12 but, I might just want to switch to the ENS to get protein AND vitamins in an easier form.

Any thoughts?
Lexa321
on 12/1/11 5:51 am - weston, FL
there is a type of vit a that is harmful to pregnancy that is not in the prenatal...google it ..imnot sure the name of it
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 8:01 pm - Woodbridge, VA
The vit A that can be harmful is retinol or palmitate, BUT it's only harmful if you have TOO MUCH.

Compare the labels of the prenatal and the shake and see where they are different. If the shake is lower or lacking in a lot of areas, then I wouldn't use it as a replacement for the prenatal. Personally, I don't bother with a prenatal because my regular multivitamin has better stats than the prenatals I compared it too, including more folate, so I think many prenatals are just labeled as such so they can charge more for them without offering much difference from standard vits.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views