too much weight gain in pregnancy!!! Help

Rodnée Renée G.
on 7/12/12 7:40 am - Hoffman Estates, IL
 I had surgery in Jan 2010. I was 317lbs and made it down to 136lbs within 1 year. I maintained my weight for 9 months at which time I unexpectly became pregnant with my 3rd. I am due July 21st. I have gained 70lbs now! I have an appitate that seems to never go away. I am always hungry. Prior to getting pregnant, I had no appitate and had to remind myself/force myself to eat. Why am I so hungry now? Is my pouch ruined? Thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test but am nervous of the effects on my baby when I am planning on BF. Any suggestions? Anyone been in my shoes? Please help!! 
HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
BroomHilda
on 7/17/12 8:12 am
Hi there,

Strange things happen to your pouch during pregnancy since all your innards shift upwards as the baby gets bigger in your tummy. I say if you are due in just a couple of days leave it be for now since the baby weight gain is so crucial at this point and then after delivery say a week or two after things shift back down , swelling begins to come off and then uterus is shrinking then try the pouch test.

At the end of my pregnancy I could eat a whole burger from Islands and fries and that totally scared me. Once it all settled my pouch went back to normal size.

But also my band slipped either during delivery or close to it so that could of been why.,

Best of luck,

Broom

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views